Moparts

Heater flap removal

Posted By: Black_Bee

Heater flap removal - 11/13/09 04:23 AM

Hey guys!

I'm cleaning up my '69 Super Bee's heater box and I have it mostly disassembled, but cant quite see how to get this flap out. Do I need to drill out the rivets?

Paul

Attached picture 5601940-IMG00005.jpg
Posted By: repad

Re: Heater flap removal - 11/13/09 01:58 PM

Yes, rivets must be removed.
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Heater flap removal - 11/13/09 02:38 PM

then you have to be careful not to just use pop rivet cause, 1 - the box is so fragile on the inside it will never hold and 2 - the nub of the pop rivet will cause the door to hang up.

Think www.petesresto.com (?) in CA is the only guy (I know of) that has the correct, aircraft rivet tooling to redo those CORRECTLY. You could probably send your box half and have him redo the rivets.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Heater flap removal - 11/13/09 05:44 PM

Quote:

Think www.petesresto.com (?) in CA is the only guy (I know of) that has the correct, aircraft rivet tooling to redo those CORRECTLY. You could probably send your box half and have him redo the rivets.

Funny that you would recommend him shipping his heater box after all the ones you have gotten DESTROYED during shipment ?
Posted By: Black_Bee

Re: Heater flap removal - 11/13/09 08:00 PM

OK, I guess I'll just clean the flap up without removing it as I dont want to have to ship it.

Thanks for the info!
Posted By: 71TA

Re: Heater flap removal - 11/13/09 08:24 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Funny that you would recommend him shipping his heater box after all the ones you have gotten DESTROYED during shipment ?

Just a cover. Not much mass. I WOULDN'T ship a whole box, you're right.
© 2024 Moparts Forums