Moparts

Stabil Fuel Additive

Posted By: Airgrabber

Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/13/09 02:08 AM

Anyone tried this stuff. What do you think of it?
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/13/09 02:17 AM

I use it on my car and lawn mower.
The years I forget for the mower, I wind up having to clean out the carb.
Have a tank of gas in the car over a year old and the car still runs.
Posted By: pnypwr

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/13/09 03:05 AM

ive never had a problem, except when i forgot to do it, its in my 65 notch, fuel still smells ok and its been there for well along time...prob 4 or 5 yrs
Posted By: JoesMopar

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/13/09 03:10 AM

Works good. You need to add it to FRESH gas and run the car some so it gets through your fuel pump, carb etc. I usually only store my cars from mid Nov-Mid March though, sometimes a little longer.
Posted By: furygt

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/13/09 03:18 AM

I have been using it for years in all of my cars and my lawn tractor and never have had any trouble starting my cars and having them run fine after sitting all winter with crap that is currently sold as gasoline in the northeast.
Posted By: Russ

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/13/09 03:23 AM

I use It all the time.
when my motorhome and generator Is not going to be used for more than 6 months,never had a problem.
Good stuff
Posted By: StandOnIt

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/13/09 03:27 AM

Works like a dream in an outboard. You don't have to keep starting through the off season and you will never pay to have the carbs rebuilt again from sitting. Gets kinda expensive when ya put the boat up with 55 gallons of fuel in the tank tho....lol
Posted By: topside

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/14/09 03:42 AM

I put it in everything that's gonna sit for awhile - works great. For the carbs, I take an eyedropper and squirt a few drops down each bowl vent - Carters & Holleys - if I'm not starting them before storage.
Posted By: 52savoy

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/14/09 05:35 PM

I use it every winter when all my gas burners are sleeping
Posted By: SSAAHemiFan

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/14/09 07:22 PM

Just started using it my cars this season due to the ethanol and it's added problems.

But we have used it at work in our 2 cycle mix for 12 years (pre-packaged with the oil) and we have had no carb or fuel system problems in over 12 years.

I went with the marine formula in my cars.

It has extra detergent's and corrosion additives over the standard Stabil.
Posted By: 4BBodies

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/14/09 07:25 PM

Another vote for, in fact I just siphoned a little gas out of one my my cars that sits, it has easily been 2 years since I added to that tank.........and it was still pretty clear. It had a slightly darker tint to it sure, but I threw it in the snowblower and it ran fine. Been there/done that on cleaning up after I forgot to use it..........carb rebuilds..........running like crap, if at all..........it really works, in my opinion. I add lead and octane boost too, it is easier just to do it all at once.
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: Stabil Fuel Additive - 11/15/09 04:48 AM

My weedeater hadn't been started in 2 years. It was fine without Stabil.

My generator over 1 1/2 years. No problem again.

I used to sell it at Lowes...........
© 2024 Moparts Forums