Moparts

05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill?

Posted By: Wile1coyote

05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 08:35 PM

I can't even drive 30 feet down the driveway at 20 mph without the thing going ballistic. I am a very big boy and I know when to put my seatbelt on THANKS! How do I kill Ma Mopars latest gift to man (and woooooooman) kind?

Make it stop PLEASE!!!!!
Posted By: BobK

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 08:39 PM

Buckle up!!!!!
Posted By: bonefish

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 09:28 PM

i ws told that the bell for the seat belts is also for other things and you can really get in to trouble if you mess with it. if you have a belt for the middle just snap the end in your belt thats what do .
Posted By: Blown69

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 09:39 PM

OK ready. Start with your key off, sit in the truck, buckle the belt and turn the key to the run position and wait for the seatbelt light to go off (don't start it). Unbuckle and re-buckle the latch 3 times (ending with the seatbelt latched) Turn the key off. You should hear a single "ding" that will let you know the seat belt warning has been disabled. The light on the dash will still come on but there will be no more dinging.
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 09:51 PM

And don't forget to say "there's no place like home" while doing that

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 09:53 PM

and you have to pat your head and rub your tummy at the same time

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 10:22 PM

Quote:

OK ready. Start with your key off, sit in the truck, buckle the belt and turn the key to the run position and wait for the seatbelt light to go off (don't start it). Unbuckle and re-buckle the latch 3 times (ending with the seatbelt latched) Turn the key off. You should hear a single "ding" that will let you know the seat belt warning has been disabled. The light on the dash will still come on but there will be no more dinging.

Thanks Blown69 You are the MAN!
Posted By: belv2vert66

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 10:32 PM

whoa is this the same for an 04 ?????????

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/22/06 11:04 PM

Quote:

Quote:

i guess since you didnt self desrtuct im gunna have to try it

Posted By: MOBodyman

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 06:38 AM

I have an '05 also and the noise drives me crazy. It never occured to me that it could be turned off.
Thanks for the info!
Dallas
missourimopar.com
Posted By: 67_Satellite

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 11:34 AM

My 04' had this same annoying trait and it was turned off long ago.I also found the solution to the"auto at 15 m.p.h. door locks" in the OWNERS MANUAL.
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 01:56 PM

Quote:

Buckle up!!!!!

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 02:19 PM

most people are smart enough to buckle up but there are times ,like waiting in line to get in to the track you just want to take your belt off and relax, kinda hard to do with BIG BEN goin off in your face.
Posted By: ChallengerGary

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 02:27 PM

I don't know, I so bloody paranoid I can't even back my car or truck out of the garage without my seatbelt on As a result of my insecurities, seat belt buzzers have never bothered me.
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 02:39 PM

You think that buzzer is bad, don't let the Chrysler techs reprogram the truck to sound the horn when you back up or have your door open! It seems that there are problems putting the trans lever in park, it looks and feels like it is, but really isn't. Their fix was to put the horn in the circuit. When you have the door open when you are reversing, or don't have your foot on the brake when you put it in reverse, the darn horn goes off and wakes the neighborhood! I am thinking of wiring in a horn cut-off switch.

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 04:13 PM

The one that rally kills me is when I am driving down the road seat belt on and my cel phone rings and I need to take thge belt off to get it out of my pocket. I am trying to answer the thing and 'BIG BEN' is going off like somehow I don't know I just removed the belt for 30 seconds. Give me a break already! Thanks Again Blown69!

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 07:23 PM

glory! glory!glory! i did it!!! thanks man, i love when you can beat the system.
Posted By: 383man

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 08:18 PM

Rhinodart the horn deal in reverse is a Chrysler deal. The techs have to reprogram the software as the bulletin says for legal reasons. If we get one in with any recall by law we have to do it before the vehicle leaves our shop. You know all that legal stuff where the cust sues us because we were supposed to program the software in the front control moldule and cluster and now since the horn did not blow when they backed up its the dealers fault they ran into another car. Ron
Posted By: gtsdon

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/23/06 10:17 PM

Ron,
Can you opt to not let the dealer install this horn/back up alarm? I need to have some warranty work performed in the near future and don’t want this feature installed on my truck. I use my truck to pull a boat and car trailer, sometimes I open the door wile backing into tight places. I’m sure my neighbors would not appreciate my horn blowing when I arrive home late nights trying to back one of these into my driveway.
Posted By: 383man

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/24/06 03:48 AM

gtsdon thats a good question. I know every vehicle that comes in gets the function 14 which is all the history and warranty and recalls. If any recalls have not ben done we are supposed to do them. I can ask the rep on Tuesday as I dont really know if we can not do them. I myself would say its the cust. vehicle and if they dont want it done thats what we should do. But you know all the legal stuff that if anything happens and its related to the recall we can be in trouble. I guess its a case of CYA. Ron
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/24/06 03:55 AM

in my 03 at work i just unpluged the buzzer and put it in the glove box. no more problem.
Posted By: RangerDan440

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/24/06 04:18 AM

Quote:

You think that buzzer is bad, don't let the Chrysler techs reprogram the truck to sound the horn when you back up or have your door open! It seems that there are problems putting the trans lever in park, it looks and feels like it is, but really isn't. Their fix was to put the horn in the circuit. When you have the door open when you are reversing, or don't have your foot on the brake when you put it in reverse, the darn horn goes off and wakes the neighborhood! I am thinking of wiring in a horn cut-off switch.

what is that all about??? I have an 04 and it doesnt do that

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/26/06 03:17 PM

Quote:

Quote:

No problem

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/26/06 03:18 PM

Quote:

whoa is this the same for an 04 ?????????

Yes

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/26/06 04:47 PM

Quote:

Quote:

what is that all about??? I have an 04 and it doesnt do that

i have an 04 2500 they keep sending me notices to bring it in for the park lever prob,i think ill just take my chances i dont need the horn going off a 4 in the morning when im loading my boat.not that i really care if i wake the neighbors ,i dont want them to invite themselvbes along.
Posted By: MoparPitBull

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/26/06 10:21 PM

i have an 05 dually they reprogramed with the horn alarm as theyre so called recall fix. would be nice if they would actually fix the problem instead of just blowing us off ! OH IM SORRY I MEANT OUR HORNS!
Posted By: gtsdon

Re: 05 Ram - I sick of the Seatbelt buzr - How 2 kill? - 12/26/06 11:33 PM

If they can program the horn to sound when the truck is in reverse there should be a way to disabled it, like the seat belt buzzer
© 2024 Moparts Forums