Moparts

Distributor Cap Question

Posted By: Slipknot440

Distributor Cap Question - 11/04/09 10:51 PM

Can i put this cap on a regular mopar distributor? I'm kind of time sensitive, it either switch cap or buy a whole new distributor (long story)

Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Distributor Cap Question - 11/04/09 11:10 PM

There are I believe Mopar caps with those ty pe of terminals (forget what they are called) but the cap pictured w those 2 kickouts at the base opposite each other as opposed to a std round Mopar cap would not fit our dist's. EDIT. With that pic it looks it could be a match & that billet dist does look nice. I'd measure the cap base dia & compare it to ours or post it

Re: Distributor Cap Question - 11/05/09 12:39 AM

well my billet just died. the car is sitting at the electric shop and i they want to try and get it out by friday. The company i bought it from will send me a new one but i need to send the old one back. I've still go the old orange box and distributor laying around was hoping i could just switch the caps install the old one and go driving. I just don't feel like buying or trying to cut new ends for the cap to get it on the road and home
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Distributor Cap Question - 11/05/09 01:37 AM

Sorry I couldn't help more. I hope they're a match so you can get her back home quickly.
Posted By: MoparforLife

Re: Distributor Cap Question - 11/05/09 01:54 AM

If you have the old distributor and cap why don't you compare them. That would tell you for sure.

Re: Distributor Cap Question - 11/05/09 01:58 AM

car is in the shop and the old stuff is sitting in my house
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: Distributor Cap Question - 11/05/09 03:02 AM

go to a parts store and ask for an old one to compare to.
© 2024 Moparts Forums