Moparts

Does an engine with two carbs

Posted By: Pyper70

Does an engine with two carbs - 11/04/09 09:46 PM

Need an electric fuel pump to operate correctly?

I have the stock Carter from Mazzolini, will it be enough to feed dual 500 edelbrocks?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Does an engine with two carbs - 11/04/09 10:53 PM

Quote:

I have the stock Carter from Mazzolini, will it be enough to feed dual 500 edelbrocks?

if street yes easily, more info: what eng, how much HP, rpm range, street or strip

Re: Does an engine with two carbs - 11/04/09 10:58 PM

Quote:

Quote:

if street yes easily, more info: what eng, how much HP, rpm range, street or strip

440, 280/480 Isky megaCam, I usually drive up to 4000rpm...I dont get too crazy....maybe 5000 if I play a little. Street...What else do I need to post...Installing aluminum eddy's this winter and blockhugger headers

Re: Does an engine with two carbs - 11/04/09 11:04 PM

Quote:

I usually drive up to 4000rpm. Street...What else do I need to post

4-5000 + on the street, No more info needed, you will be fine

Re: Does an engine with two carbs - 11/04/09 11:24 PM

Sweet.....Cuz I dont wanna start running 1/2" line to the tank....I have a 3/8" feed now with no return line...

Should I install a return line? Just asking though...If I have two carbs sucking down fuel, there will be nothing left to send back hahahaha

Re: Does an engine with two carbs - 11/04/09 11:35 PM

1st order of business would be to add (temporarily if need be)(with an isolator of course ) a 0-15 fuel psi gauge on the dash and see if you have several psi at the end of the street . A return line keeps the fuel to the carb cooler since it is getting more cooler fuel from the tank instead of just the stagnant fuel present in the line and is an excellent plan w an electric pump to keep it from deadheading but in your case to K.I.S.S. keep the lines away from the ex and/or some insulation and you'll be fine.
Posted By: dmerc

Re: Does an engine with two carbs - 11/05/09 12:07 AM

If you don't have the 120 GPH Carter pump you are going to run out of fuel in short order. I have a single thermoquad and when I romp it it goes down to 4 PSI and I have the 120 GPH pump. A stock 60 GPH pump won't cut it.
© 2024 Moparts Forums