Moparts

70 Challenger Brake Question

Posted By: ChrisD

70 Challenger Brake Question - 11/04/09 03:49 PM

I recently restored my 70
challenger with new front brake calipers and rotors. When I first push on the brakes it seems to want to lean right a little , when I continue to press the brake it brakes straight, but the first press seems to lean the car right a little. Does it need another bleed? Proportion valve issue? Any Help ?

Thanks

Chris
Posted By: 2cudabuck

Re: 70 Challenger Brake Question - 11/04/09 04:18 PM

How are the rear brakes? Any chance a bad wheel cylinder on the opposite corner is causing what appears to be a front end dive?
Posted By: Mopars4Mark

Re: 70 Challenger Brake Question - 11/04/09 04:43 PM

Did you replace the brake caliper hoses? As they age they'll tend to swell up on the inside causing the fluid the enter the caliper or wheel cylinder at a reduced flow. Giving one caliper more fluid at a faster rate than the other. Just an idea!!!!
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: 70 Challenger Brake Question - 11/04/09 04:53 PM

I'd open up the LF & a good visual inspection & see if anything jumps out at you as being not right then I'd jack up the front & spin each wheel (forward) by hand as a helper plays w the pedal & see what you see
Posted By: Lefty

Re: 70 Challenger Brake Question - 11/05/09 12:23 AM

Quote:

Did you replace the brake caliper hoses? As they age they'll tend to swell up on the inside causing the fluid the enter the caliper or wheel cylinder at a reduced flow. Giving one caliper more fluid at a faster rate than the other. Just an idea!!!!

I would also pull the pads to see if they are wearing similarly L to R
© 2024 Moparts Forums