Moparts

Good power window kit for 70 cuda?

Posted By: derekeh

Good power window kit for 70 cuda? - 11/02/09 02:14 AM

My windows are a mess on my 70 cuda.. regulators are pretty much worn out so Im considering putting power windows on. I really like the XV kit but i just cant dish out a grand on them. Has anyone had much success with any cheaper kits?
Posted By: DennisH

Re: Good power window kit for 70 cuda? - 11/02/09 05:49 AM

www.a1electric.com

Work good on my 69 B Body. $250
Posted By: BDW

Re: Good power window kit for 70 cuda? - 11/02/09 11:39 AM

Stay FAR AWAY from the A1 stuff. You'll be unhappy.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...&PHPSESSID=
Posted By: derekeh

Re: Good power window kit for 70 cuda? - 11/02/09 08:34 PM

I browsed some of the older posts and saw mixed results. Is the electric life kit any better?

Re: Good power window kit for 70 cuda? - 11/02/09 08:54 PM

It is accurate that the "up" command is not fast. (electric life) They have been in for about 5 years if I remember and they are reliable. I bought repro door panels and the switches fill the crank opening and look and work good there. Again, not fast going up as said, but reliable.
Posted By: burnt_o_matic

Re: Good power window kit for 70 cuda? - 11/02/09 10:47 PM

XV Motorsports has 2 and 4 window kits.

www.xvmotorsports.com
Posted By: BDW

Re: Good power window kit for 70 cuda? - 11/02/09 11:22 PM

Quote:

It is accurate that the "up" command is not fast. (electric life) They have been in for about 5 years if I remember and they are reliable. I bought repro door panels and the switches fill the crank opening and look and work good there. Again, not fast going up as said, but reliable.

What about going down? The kit I put in actually broke the rubber stop. Although pricey the XV kit has the helper spring, like factory parts, just seems like a much better design.

Re: Good power window kit for 70 cuda? - 11/02/09 11:35 PM

Have not had a problem with the 'down' command.
Enough said, go with your wallet and what you like. The XV 3 Point System I bought is marginal and not up to expectations so I am not in their camp. Probably apples and oranges though.
© 2024 Moparts Forums