Moparts

torsion bar problem

Posted By: Anonymous

torsion bar problem - 10/29/09 06:41 PM

i broke the adjuster bolt in the control arm of my 68rr. the bolt was half out then it siezed and broke. how do i get the torsion bar out even if is still loaded?
Posted By: buildanother

Re: torsion bar problem - 10/29/09 06:45 PM

Do you have the shock and ball joint disconnected so you can swing the arm down as far as the strut will allow?
Posted By: 6T6Cuda

Re: torsion bar problem - 10/29/09 06:46 PM

You can try to remove the upper stop and see if that is enough to get it loose.

Easy out on the adjuster bolt?

CAREFULLY using a saws all to cut the bolt off at the botom of the adjuster (long blade, face shield, etc...).
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: torsion bar problem - 10/29/09 06:51 PM

i sprayed it down with blaster for a week and the the suspension is still together
Posted By: Kern Dog

Re: torsion bar problem - 02/16/10 07:42 AM

If you have access to a welder, try cleaning the stub remaining in the control arm and the broken off piece. Weld them back together. Soak the threads and try again using a breaker bar. NO IMPACT TOOLS! The shock of the impact wrench may snap the bolt again.
Posted By: dodgy

Re: torsion bar problem - 02/16/10 08:44 AM

as said before, get the lower arm low as possable, break the lower ball joint and stub,pull torsion bar cilp off, take the nut and washer off the LCA pin, pry the arm back and forth and hopefuly you can get the bar to move backwards, just keep out of harms way while your at it.
or drill out the rest of the bolt.
just thinking out loud here, maybe none of this will work.
Cheers Luke.
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: torsion bar problem - 02/16/10 04:17 PM

Check the posting dates, guys.

a. Newbie O.P. registers and makes exactly two posts that day (as seen above), and is never heard from again.

b. Newbie number two resurrects the thread from six months back.
Posted By: bobbyb

Re: torsion bar problem - 02/16/10 05:40 PM

, I read the post earlier and didn't notice.
Posted By: NotEnufGarage

Re: torsion bar problem - 02/17/10 02:00 AM

Quote:

Check the posting dates, guys.

a. Newbie O.P. registers and makes exactly two posts that day (as seen above), and is never heard from again.

b. Newbie number two resurrects the thread from six months back.

Newbie #2 is just lernin about this here interweb thinger...
© 2024 Moparts Forums