Moparts

440 source stroker kits

Posted By: zzyzxpat

440 source stroker kits - 10/25/09 09:32 PM

Who has used the 440Source stroker kits and what has been your opinion of the quality? How about other parts purchased from them? Thanks, Pat
Posted By: Hoof Hearted

Re: 440 source stroker kits - 10/25/09 09:40 PM

Here we go again.

Re: 440 source stroker kits - 10/25/09 09:42 PM

I'm new here... didn't know I was starting something. Pat
Posted By: NachoRT74

Re: 440 source stroker kits - 10/25/09 09:53 PM

I don't have a personal opinion since never got soemthing from them, they look good, but opinions has been divided around. Maybe not for the stroker kits, what mostly of opinions have been good, like rest of parts they sell ( heads and water pumps and housings ) being not that good
Posted By: Hoof Hearted

Re: 440 source stroker kits - 10/25/09 09:53 PM

No problem Pat, I was just being goofy.

In all seriousness, you can't beat the bang for your buck with 440Source stroker kits.

Like many here on Moparts, I bought a 496 stroker kit from them 4 years ago. Just to be safe I brought the kit directly to my local machine shop for balancing(Larry's Auto Machine in Groton, Conn. - Super people to deal with and a Moparts.com advertiser) and they had Zero issues with the quality of the parts.

Do a search on Moparts over the past year using keyword 440Source and read other members opinions.

I'd buy from them again without hesitation. (Disregard the negative story from the member who bought an oil pan, modified it, and tried to return it to them a year later.)

Good luck!

Re: 440 source stroker kits - 10/25/09 09:56 PM

I am slow... but I did use the search, still reading all the posts. Thanks for the help. Pat
Posted By: therocks

Re: 440 source stroker kits - 10/25/09 10:06 PM

There are tons of posts about it.I have their heads and my kid has some of their other stuff.No problems.Next the China bashers will start.Its like any other stuff.Have it checked by a competent machine shop.Ive seen their stiff.My machinist like the kits he installed.For a super build Id spend 3 K on a crank.For my street and strip car their prices are hard to beat.Rocky
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: 440 source stroker kits - 10/25/09 10:09 PM

with rocky. I've got their heads, oil pan/pickup and a few other odds and ends and have not had any trouble with any of their parts.
© 2024 Moparts Forums