Moparts

Front end Install questions--First Time-70 Valiant Dust

Posted By: swifter

Front end Install questions--First Time-70 Valiant Dust - 10/24/09 01:42 PM

OK you Guys--have front suspension completely out and want to start assembling back together--Can u give me some hints as what not to do and what to do such as Torque everything after the weight is on the front end or as I assembly it???? Adjusting the ride height with the torsion bar adjusters,I have the factory manual but is seems so general about this,All of my components are new such as bushings so clearances should be good--Thanks for all the help guys,I'm learning as I go!!! Steve
Posted By: moparmojo

Re: Front end Install questions--First Time-70 Valiant Dust - 10/25/09 05:53 AM

Posted By: Magnum

Re: Front end Install questions--First Time-70 Valiant Dust - 10/25/09 10:50 AM

Definately put weight on the front suspension before you torque it all down. Not only weighted but at the ride height you plan to run.

Not important will poly bushings but since rubber bushings do not pivot after tightening, they must be locked down at the natural position.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Front end Install questions--First Time-70 Valiant Dust - 10/25/09 02:44 PM

bolt it all together( but LCA's(if rubber) and UCA cam bolts/nuts only LIGHTLY snugged), put your weight in barbells in the front seat, tires aired up/1/2 tank gas(for weight), adj the tbars to get the height where you want it (bounce it after each time you crank the tbars) and to where the front wheels/tires look right in the wheelwells, center the steering wheel & adj the toe in to point the wheels straight ahead or maybe a skosh in, tow it to the shop (with the barbells still in the drivers seat), if you drive it slide the weights from the pass side back over to the drivers side before he raises it,(w a prior ph call) schedule their grey/white haired guy to align it, hand him a 20 to take his time & get it where you want it, tell him the ride height is already set where you want it, Forget the listed specs, ask him to get as much positive caster as he can (which wont be much ), zero camber (my preference) and 1/16" toe in. and to tighten the UCA cam bolts/nuts TIGHT & the LCA front nuts reasonable tight when he's done.
© 2024 Moparts Forums