Moparts

5 sd auto slap stick

Posted By: ledft79

5 sd auto slap stick - 10/16/09 02:08 AM

with out going to a ratchet shifter, how could I get my 3 speed slap stick to work on a 5 speed auto. Does anyone know of a company that makes a 5 speed slap stick to fit an E body. I realy hate ratchet shifters, and I do like slap sticks
Posted By: patrick

Re: 5 sd auto slap stick - 10/16/09 10:52 AM

5 speed? what tranny are you using?

Re: 5 sd auto slap stick - 10/16/09 02:22 PM

the trany is a 5 speed auto, out of a 2004 dodge pickup with a 5.7 hemi, that I am going to put into a 71 dodge challenger.

Re: 5 sd auto slap stick - 10/16/09 02:28 PM

545RFE then....just wondering, as there is also the A580 in the LX's...
Posted By: feets

Re: 5 sd auto slap stick - 10/16/09 02:46 PM

Are you good at building circuit boards? Those are electronic transmissions. The shifter in the console is a computer with a lever sticking out of it.

Re: 5 sd auto slap stick - 10/16/09 04:40 PM

Quote:

Are you good at building circuit boards? Those are electronic transmissions. The shifter in the console is a computer with a lever sticking out of it.

A580, definitely (I used to work for the company that makes all the shifters for the A580). the cable essentially is only used to get the tranny out of park.

545RFE I don't know, that one the shifter might actually control gear postion....

Re: 5 sd auto slap stick - 10/16/09 10:48 PM

I do not know which one it is for sure, I didn't know that they were electronic shift. That kind of puts a twist on things. So what would be a good choice for a shifter set up, preferably one that would fit my E body councel.
Posted By: 10sec440

Re: 5 sd auto slap stick - 10/17/09 02:45 AM

545RFE:
OPERATION
MANUAL LOW (1) range provides first gear only. Overrun braking is also provided in this range. MANUAL SECOND (2) range provides first and second gear only.

DRIVE range provides FIRST, SECOND, THIRD, OVERDRIVE FOURTH, and OVERDRIVE FIFTH (if applicable) gear ranges. The shift into OVERDRIVE FOURTH and FIFTH (if applicable) gear ranges occurs only after the transmission has completed the shift into D THIRD gear range. No further movement of the shift mechanism is required to complete the 3-4 or 4-5 (if applicable) shifts.

The FOURTH and FIFTH (if applicable) gear upshifts occur automatically when the overdrive selector switch is in the ON position. No upshift to FOURTH or FIFTH (if applicable) gears will occur if any of the following are true:

The transmission fluid temperature is below 10° C (50° F) or above 121° C (250° F).
The shift to THIRD is not yet complete.
Vehicle speed is too low for the 3-4 or 4-5 (if applicable) shifts to occur.
Upshifts into FOURTH or FIFTH (if applicable) will be delayed when the transmission fluid temperature is below 4.5° C (40° F) or above 115.5° C (240° F).

Re: 5 sd auto slap stick - 10/17/09 11:25 AM

Quote:

I do not know which one it is for sure, I didn't know that they were electronic shift. That kind of puts a twist on things. So what would be a good choice for a shifter set up, preferably one that would fit my E body councel.

rams never came with the A580, so it is a 545RFE.
© 2024 Moparts Forums