Moparts

E Body Bumper Filler Pieces

Posted By: 19cuda73

E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/06/09 01:38 AM

I was wondering if anyone has attempted to repaint the rear bumper filler pieces and what type of paint did you use. Mine are in good shape just dis-colored from age. I have removed the metal inner reinforcements and wanted to see what anyone has used on the plastic in the past?
Any Pics?

Update The picture shows parts are primed and painted with plastic paint.

Attached File
5527468-CudaAssembly016.pdf  (189 downloads)
Posted By: RedFish

Re: E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/06/09 12:59 PM

I painted mine with the same paint I painted the tail light panel, Orgasnial(sp?). Not correct but it came out looking good, better then the faded gray. I tried several paints to match the gray and could not find anything that was close enough.

Attached picture 5528105-August2009006.jpg
Posted By: burdar

Re: E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/06/09 01:26 PM

This is a great question. My Challenger is at the bodyshop right now. They were planning on doing some test sprays of different colors to find one that matched the front fillers the best. If anyone knows of a different solution let us know. Even if the paint matches pretty good, you will still be able to tell that it is painted.

I always just assumed that the Cuda rear fillers were sprayed organisol like the tail panel but I guess not. The Challenger rear fillers are sprayed with argent paint so that isn't an issue. Just the fronts are natural on the Challengers.
Posted By: MLR426

Re: E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/06/09 01:56 PM

No organisol on the fillers.
Use SEM adhesion promoter and landau black.

logan426

Re: E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/06/09 02:06 PM

Quote:

This is a great question. My Challenger is at the bodyshop right now. They were planning on doing some test sprays of different colors to find one that matched the front fillers the best. If anyone knows of a different solution let us know. Even if the paint matches pretty good, you will still be able to tell that it is painted.

I always just assumed that the Cuda rear fillers were sprayed organisol like the tail panel but I guess not. The Challenger rear fillers are sprayed with argent paint so that isn't an issue. Just the fronts are natural on the Challengers.

Cudas do not have bumper fillers in the rear like challengers, poster above is talking about the
bumper guard plastic filler inserts ?

logan426
Posted By: burdar

Re: E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/06/09 02:14 PM

Quote:

Cudas do not have bumper fillers in the rear like challengers, poster above is talking about the
bumper guard plastic filler inserts.

Sure they do. You can see them on the blue Cuda pictured above and in the 74 in this link.

http://inventory.bestofshowautomotive.com/CarDetails_sold_post2008.asp?VIN=1970CUDA360

The 74 in the link has them the correct natural gray color.

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the bumper to tail panel fillers. Now looking at the pics in the link...maybe the Cudas don't have a front filler, but they do have rear ones.

Re: E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/06/09 03:33 PM

I guess I was confused.

logan426
Posted By: RedFish

Re: E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/06/09 05:36 PM

Yup, they have a filler in the back and in the front. I sprayed the front Argent to match the grill. I'm not too concerned about correct for now since I will eventualy be going to 72 bumpers and getting rid of the fillers.
Posted By: larry4406

Re: E Body Bumper Filler Pieces - 10/07/09 09:21 AM

I think the filler is a 73 and 74 thing only.
© 2024 Moparts Forums