Moparts

Magnaflow Exhaust

Posted By: KY Charger

Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/06/09 12:17 AM

I've noticed magnaflow doesn't have exhaust for Mopars and was wondering those who have 3" exhaust if you just bought the mufflers and had someone custom build the rest the exhaust system. Magnaflow has a free exhaust offer for a exhaust system, if they are looking to build a proto-type exhaust, you have to take your car to their shop and leave it for 5 days and they're in CA so it wouldn't be feasible for me since I live in Kentucky but it would be nice for someone who lives there and hopefully has a B-body.
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/06/09 12:54 AM

Magnaflow has exhaust for mopars...I just put the 3 inch kit on my challenger. Best system i ever had, and one of the best sounding systems IMO.

Attached picture 5527320-IMG_1001.JPG
Posted By: Lee446

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/06/09 01:10 AM

I have only seen Magnaflow offer exhaust systems for late models and 70-74 E-bodies, No B, A or C bodies unless you know something we don't.
Posted By: GomangoCuda

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/06/09 05:33 PM

Quote:

Magnaflow has exhaust for mopars...I just put the 3 inch kit on my challenger. Best system i ever had, and one of the best sounding systems IMO.

Need Pics!!

Attached picture 5528558-Smiley-TakingPicture.jpg
Posted By: KY Charger

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/06/09 06:07 PM

I talked to Magnaflow yesterday and they said that they didnt have a exhaust kit for B-body Mopars and from what i've read and heard they have that deep throaty tone like I want.Thats why I was hoping someone could contact Magnaflow and hopefully get more kits for Mopars.
Posted By: patrick

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/06/09 06:31 PM

why not get the pypes version w/o mufflers:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PYE-SMB10/

and then magnaflow mufflers with the correct inlet/outlet size & location and case size?
Posted By: AdamR

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/07/09 07:52 PM

Quote:

Do you have any picture. Putting the 2.5" kit on a 71 Cuda with TTI's. Looks like a nightmare but I hate exhaust work to begin with..
Posted By: GTXKen

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/07/09 08:01 PM

Funny, just put a stainless magnaflow muffler on my Durango last night
Posted By: STLDuster

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/07/09 09:09 PM

No one makes an exhaust kit for an A body with a big block & Schumacher headers. I used a TTI kit for a small block with the hi-performance exhaust manifolds. I didn't want anything to do with the Dynomax mufflers TTI sells, so I bought a pair of Borla mufflers that matched the dimensions of the Dynomax that comes with the TTI kit.

I like it, didn't take TOO much work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCCYTEzRrpo

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/08/09 02:38 AM

It took a while to do. i did it on jackstands in the driveway with a friend. i had to cut the headpipes a good amount. . It was a real pita come to think about it. not much room with the 3 inch but now with it on and all tucked in its awesome.... Will try to get pics this weekend..

I ordered the 2.5 kit for my 73 440 cuda b/c i liked it so much. Sounds awesome. Performance peddler has the best deal . 450$ for the 3inch system! 200$ less then summit!
Posted By: KillerBee

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/08/09 03:09 AM

I wouls also love to see pictures of your Magnaflow exhaust.

What part number did you use?

Are you using headers? What type?

Are you using factory type exhaust tips going through the rear valance?

Thanks.

Attached picture 5531790-launch.jpg

Re: Magnaflow Exhaust - 10/08/09 12:27 PM

i think it was # 15852
no the pipes do not go out of the rear valance. The turn down and out. I was thinking of cutting them more flush but for some odd reason they have grown on me. the 2.5 kit comes with tips, not sure where it exits though and it will be a while before it gets installed.

I did love the fact that they use band clamps so you can take the ex. apart if you ever wanted to . I also have a drive shaft loop and weld in frame connectors and it clears all. The place it was close, and still is is where the axle pipes go next to the leaf springs. If you had a lift it would be much easier to install, we busted our ballz installing it on ours backs.

I run hooker 1 7/8 headers

tips look tweaked in pic but they really aren't

Attached picture 5532156-IMG_1000.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums