Moparts

Clutch and Carb

Posted By: RogueLeader

Clutch and Carb - 07/08/08 01:32 AM

Hi all, been gone for a while. The Roadrunner Project got put to the side due to some medical issues (and the winter!). So I'm ALMOST ready to drop the 440 back in it, however I still need a clutch/pressure plate and a carb. So I looked at Mopar performance thats all i can remember from the suggestions here. But I don't know how many splines the transmission is. Anyone have any clue, its the original 4 speed in a 69 Roadrunner. Any other suggestions for a clutch/pressure plate setup that isnt too abusive and low priced?

Also I need a carb. Its a 440 with a mild cam and headers. Keep in mind this car is a cruiser for my dad, not a race car. Just need something that will run smooth and not be a PITA to tune every week. And not super expensive either...

Thanks this place rocks, has helped me so much in the past 3 years of this!
Posted By: SCATPACK 1

Re: Clutch and Carb - 07/08/08 01:52 AM

IF it was originally behind a 383, then it is going to be a 23 spline input shaft. If it was a 440 or Hemi car, then it will be the larger shaft with 18 spline.

Re: Clutch and Carb - 07/08/08 02:17 AM

Quote:

IF it was originally behind a 383, then it is going to be a 23 spline input shaft. If it was a 440 or Hemi car, then it will be the larger shaft with 18 spline.

Thanks, should have said that it was a 383 car originally. Good call.
Posted By: Magnum

Re: Clutch and Carb - 07/08/08 10:08 PM

Quote:

Any other suggestions for a clutch/pressure plate setup that isnt too abusive and low priced?

Also I need a carb. Its a 440 with a mild cam and headers. Keep in mind this car is a cruiser for my dad, not a race car. Just need something that will run smooth and not be a PITA to tune every week. And not super expensive either...

Thanks this place rocks, has helped me so much in the past 3 years of this!

Centerforce.

Re: Clutch and Carb - 07/10/08 03:52 AM

Any carb suggestions?
© 2024 Moparts Forums