Moparts

intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger

Posted By: wkeggenhoff

intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/20/09 09:46 PM

Installed a Mopar crate 528 with a single plane Ray Barton/Mopar single plane intake. Installed in 69 dodge Charger, Schemacher mounts.
Hood does not look like it will close without air filter let alone with it. Tranny is not quite in position yet but wont make that much of a difference. What single carb intake will clear the hood?

Attached picture 5494429-528hemipictures002.jpg
Posted By: Dragula

Re: intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/20/09 11:42 PM

This one...

Posted By: torkrules

Re: intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/21/09 12:41 AM

Quote:

This one...

Hey, that looks like my set up! The Barton piece is too tall without doing some jigery pokery. The MP dual plain is about the only thing out there unless you go to the stock 2X4 set up or the stageV dual set up, however the stage V is about 1/2" taller.
Posted By: wkeggenhoff

Re: intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/21/09 03:36 AM

Thanks . What do you have for brakes ? My booster hits the valve cover. I have 4 wheel drums now. Just need something to get me through this fall. thinking of converting to manul drum brakes.
Posted By: Boise Chall

Re: intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/21/09 05:00 AM

You could take the bolts out of the K-frame and put in a 1/2-1" spacer that will lift the the hood / body up and away from the carb with a dish air cleaner base you should be able to close the hood without having to cut a hole in it.
Posted By: 69B3GT

Re: intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/21/09 05:09 AM

Pull the hood and get a fiberglass one with a scoop
Posted By: torkrules

Re: intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/21/09 10:49 AM

Quote:

Thanks . What do you have for brakes ? My booster hits the valve cover. I have 4 wheel drums now. Just need something to get me through this fall. thinking of converting to manul drum brakes.

Mine was a manual brake car to start with. I converted to disk brakes up front so I used a mid 90's Dodge pickup truck master. To do this you will also need the adjustable push rod that's available from several sources.

If you want to use power brakes you either have to find the mega dollar Hemi booster that looks like the front end of the space shuttle, or go through the catalogues at the local parts place. I've seen some really small boasters that might work.

If your in no hurry I'll be selling my dual plane intake in about a month and a half (once car season is done around here). I've decided to go with a 2X4 set up.
Posted By: 375inStroke

Re: intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/21/09 10:15 PM

Quote:

Pull the hood and get a fiberglass one with a scoop

Not on a Charger.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: intake manifolfd delema 528 hemi in 69 charger - 09/22/09 01:42 PM

Quote:

This one...

That intake should clear the hood but I wouldn't run it on a 528 inch engine. I remeber someone using it in a Hemi Enginemasters build , I think 500" was the limit ? any the builder cut 2 of those intakes in half and welded them together to get enough air volume for the engine to breath , if the car is a show poodle then it would probably be fine . The Barton intake is tall , I doubt moving the K down an inch will help .
© 2024 Moparts Forums