Moparts

69 Super Bee Rallye Instrument Panel Removal

Posted By: BFASTER

69 Super Bee Rallye Instrument Panel Removal - 09/20/09 05:37 AM

I want to remove the gauges and 'restore' the plastic lens and put brighter bulbs in. I have all the screws out, now what? (speedo cable is obvious)
Are there any tricks or tips on removal?
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 69 Super Bee Rallye Instrument Panel Removal - 09/20/09 06:05 AM

So Jim, is the Bee roadworthy yet? We're taking a drive next Saturday...
Posted By: terzmo

Re: 69 Super Bee Rallye Instrument Panel Removal - 09/20/09 10:56 AM

you can reach around and un clip the speedo with a small hand...limber back and a bit of patience...You also will need to remove the radio bezel and lower the steering column to get clearance when removing...be careful of lower right corner..easy to break corner of face bezel..you also have to get it out far enough to remove the pos and neg from ammeter..then all the other plugs...the wiper switch and squirt are best to label before pulling...others are sort of obvious..hope this helps

Re: 69 Super Bee Rallye Instrument Panel Removal - 09/20/09 04:59 PM

Quote:

So Jim, is the Bee roadworthy yet? We're taking a drive next Saturday...

Yes it is. Still in primer and I need to install new hood scoop. Also I'm getting a few leaks fixed this week, hopefully!
Where ya goin?

Re: 69 Super Bee Rallye Instrument Panel Removal - 09/20/09 05:01 PM

Quote:

you can reach around and un clip the speedo with a small hand...limber back and a bit of patience...You also will need to remove the radio bezel and lower the steering column to get clearance when removing...be careful of lower right corner..easy to break corner of face bezel..you also have to get it out far enough to remove the pos and neg from ammeter..then all the other plugs...the wiper switch and squirt are best to label before pulling...others are sort of obvious..hope this helps

Thank you for the tips. Corner is already broken so I don't have to worry about it.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: 69 Super Bee Rallye Instrument Panel Removal - 09/20/09 05:06 PM

You have a PM
© 2024 Moparts Forums