Moparts

Ladder bars in street driving?

Posted By: DrCharles

Ladder bars in street driving? - 09/19/09 01:52 AM

Just wondering if anyone drives a ladder-bar car on the street, and how much it really does affect the cornering.

Obviously if there is a spool there will be problems (and that has been beat to death here before) but I am thinking a limited slip diff.

thanks
Charles
Posted By: Dougsmopars

Re: Ladder bars in street driving? - 09/19/09 02:31 AM

Ladder bars are fine for going forward. Not the best idea if you want to go roundy round. just asking but why would you want ladder bars? Nothing works better then a good adjusted pinion snubber.
Posted By: bronzegtx

Re: Ladder bars in street driving? - 09/19/09 02:39 AM

Quote:

Ladder bars are fine for going forward. Not the best idea if you want to go roundy round. just asking but why would you want ladder bars? Nothing works better then a good adjusted pinion snubber.

Have to disagree. Pinion snubber works good till you get enough power, then ladder bars work great.
Posted By: DrCharles

Re: Ladder bars in street driving? - 09/19/09 02:39 AM

I know they're not the best, what I want is actual stories about turning corners at stoplights, driveways etc.

Pinion snubbers do work but they beat the living snot out of the floorpan too... and would not be very driveable on the street either? how can the rear end move up and down with bumps if the upward travel is limited to 1/2"?
Posted By: StandOnIt

Re: Ladder bars in street driving? - 09/19/09 12:04 PM

We've run ladderbars on the street for years. I think the cornering issues are due to no sway bars and the skinnies up front. There is a pretty good lean to the cars when you corner and the ladder bars rattle a bunch (upper coilover mounts mostly). Usually have ground clearance issues with the front crossmember mounts. The last one, we had to cut the lower part of the mounting holes off when we got it adjusted so it wouldnt drag when we crossed a speedbump or pulled in a driveway or something. All in all, I love ladderbars, they just look good. I had a friend that put the clamp on ones with the stock leafspring setup on a Torino one time, Didnt work very well but it looked cool...
Posted By: MNobody

Re: Ladder bars in street driving? - 09/19/09 01:45 PM

I have ladder bars and a 3:91 suregrip, i see no issues with cornering or turning corners but i don't race around corners either.
© 2024 Moparts Forums