Moparts

a body door lock ferruls

Posted By: khal440

a body door lock ferruls - 09/27/06 07:41 AM

so I just got my lock ferruls and they are clear plastic????is this right for a 72 dart swinger(I hope not)
Posted By: BergmanAutoCraft

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 09/27/06 09:28 AM

Yup, they are correct.
Posted By: plymouthfan

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 09/27/06 12:10 PM

Do yourself a favor and bust off a few of the clips that hold them in place because that's what's gonna happen in a matter of a month.

I've gone through a few sets of those, they're junk and don't last. Get some metal ones, R/T Specialties sells them. I think I even saw them on a display rack at NAPA.
Posted By: r69cuda

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 09/27/06 05:15 PM

I ordered the metal ones, but they are too small for the holes in the door on my 69 Cuda. I give up. Who sells the correct metal ones? Mark
Posted By: khal440

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 09/27/06 05:21 PM

ya ,I started out with the metal ones too.but they where to small.help us where can we get the metal ones for our cars
Posted By: donbarnes

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 09/27/06 07:52 PM

The too small ones must have come from Year One- I've got a worthless set of them here in my desk drawer. Someone must know of some stainless ones from another car that work?
Posted By: GO_Fish

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 09/27/06 08:42 PM

I got the metal ones for my 68 cuda driver from a Fifth avenue in the junkyard. Works fine for a driver.

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 09/29/06 04:20 PM

I emailed R/T Specialties this morning to see what he carries. But I'm wondering about getting a stainless brake line of the right diameter, cut it off about 1/2-inch long, make some little slits all the way around it to make bendable ears, then polish the flared part I know it sounds crazy, but I've endless hours to play with something like that at one of my jobs..
Posted By: 70duster340

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 09/30/06 03:33 AM

New lock knobs with metal ferrels are available through the Help section at Advance Auto. I had to order them, but the lock knobs are the chrome ones, as are the lock ferrels. And they have metal tabs, so they can be bent to fit the hole.

Re: a body door lock ferruls-Update - 10/10/06 06:32 PM

I found ferrules that fit fine. They are 68-81 GM repros, metal with a felt anti-rattle ring in the center. Year One sells them as Part #RB7 for $1.70 each or as pairs. Their tech guy told me they are the same ones GM sells as a service replacement. I just put them on my 72 Scamp and they fit great- no more little broken plastic tabs
Posted By: DAMOPARS

Re: a body door lock ferruls - 10/10/06 07:54 PM

Dante has chrome ones that fit.
© 2024 Moparts Forums