Moparts

error codes?

Posted By: Chargerfan

error codes? - 07/04/08 08:57 PM

I have a question for the experts out there. We have a 2003 Caravan and the security light(red dot) on the dash is on constantly. The issue is we don't have a security alarm for this van. We bought it new so I know. It came on once before about 50,000 ago. The dealership had no idea why it came on. Does anyone have an idea or knows how to shut it off? Thanks

Re: error codes? - 07/05/08 11:49 AM

Anyone?
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: error codes? - 07/05/08 02:25 PM

Sometimes disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes will clear that.
If not, take a trip to a dealer (that you trust) and tell them to reference TSB 08-015-04 it involves relearning the cluster features.

DO NOT let anyone talk you into replacing anything for this.

While there is no common cause for this, most of the time low battery voltage or poor cable connections get it going.

Rick

Re: error codes? - 07/05/08 06:32 PM

Thanks. I have already tried the battery. Is it something I can do?
Posted By: DanMcG

Re: error codes? - 07/05/08 08:17 PM

Quote:

Is it something I can do?

You could listen to Rick ( and take it to a dealer)...I've had good luck with local dealers when I go in with what they need to know. And I can thank Blown71X for that, a number of times.
Dan
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: error codes? - 07/06/08 12:54 AM

Quote:

Is it something I can do?

Nope.....Not unless you have access to a DRBIII

Those functions require the use of a factory scan tool.

Rick

Re: error codes? - 07/06/08 03:44 AM

Thanks. Don't have the factory scanner. I guess one thing that annoys me is we don't have an alarm and the light comes on. I can understand things that our van came with breaking down, but to have something breakdown we don't have and having to pay is upsetting.
© 2024 Moparts Forums