Moparts

trans shop needed in SoCal

Posted By: SCVpolara

trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/04/08 06:09 PM

Can anyone recomend a trans shop in SoCal. The trans is a cable shift 727 in my 64.
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/05/08 05:13 AM

So Cal is a big place, and at $4.59+ a gallon you might want to narrow it down some. Glad to refer you in my area
Posted By: Fab64

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/05/08 05:47 PM

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm also looking for a good trans shop. Mine seems to work very well, but leaks badly. I'm in Orange County. Thanks.
Posted By: 68Fastback

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/05/08 11:55 PM

I agree really helps knowing where you guys are.

Jesse

Quote:

So Cal is a big place, and at $4.59+ a gallon you might want to narrow it down some. Glad to refer you in my area

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/06/08 05:42 AM

I'm in Santa Clarita so the San Fernando valley and LA isnt that far.
Posted By: autoxcuda

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/06/08 06:18 AM

Quote:

Pro Trans in Lancaster is about top of the food chain. If you give them a bench job out of the car. I'm pretty sure they will do street performance trans' out of car. Of course they are one of the premire race Mopar trans shops in the country. One of the leaders in Mopar auto trans race development.

42156 10th St W Ste D
Lancaster, CA 93534
661-940-7400

Only problem I can see is if they are more geared to full on race stuff and quote you a really high price cause street stuff isn't their norm or don't have time for it.

Should get a secondary quote in Santa Clarita to make sure the price is in line.

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/07/08 04:29 PM

Well I stopped by one shop and they looked up at the trans asked why the cables went into the trans. I was out of there 30seconds later.
Lets bump this.
Posted By: JeffC

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/07/08 04:54 PM

You mite go talk to leons transmission on soledad cyn. I don't have any first hand experience with them but my buddy was happy with the work they did on his chevelle.
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/08/08 03:48 AM

The guy that built my transmissions is located in Hemet/San Jacinto. He builds trannies for Mazzolini and many of the Locals out here (G_Bob runs his 727's too.) More then happy to pass along his number if ya PM me. Might be a bit of a drive from some of you guys but He's more then fair on pricing.

Posted By: 70blackfish

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/08/08 07:41 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Pro Trans in Lancaster is about top of the food chain. If you give them a bench job out of the car. I'm pretty sure they will do street performance trans' out of car. Of course they are one of the premire race Mopar trans shops in the country. One of the leaders in Mopar auto trans race development.

42156 10th St W Ste D
Lancaster, CA 93534
661-940-7400

Only problem I can see is if they are more geared to full on race stuff and quote you a really high price cause street stuff isn't their norm or don't have time for it.

Should get a secondary quote in Santa Clarita to make sure the price is in line.

pro trans Dave is the man, he wont charge more cause its a street trans. call them and be done with it.
I can pull the trans for you.
I have a shop at my house.
Posted By: 340SHORTY

Re: trans shop needed in SoCal - 07/08/08 10:24 AM

Cal Perf Trans/Art Carr
© 2024 Moparts Forums