Moparts

383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]???

Posted By: Anonymous

383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]??? - 08/24/09 04:22 AM

Hey guys I hate to sound retarded here but we just picked up a 66 New Yorker today. The farmer who bought it brand new left it sitting at his farm since 1983 when it was last registered. I have the original owners manual and warrant book and all that good stuff but the strange thing is that the air cleaner says 383 across the the top of the sticker and Hemi-Powered across the bottom. It's a dual blower air cleaner like my 440 in my 72 Yorker but what is the hemi-powered all about? The booklet says it should have a 440 in it, not a 383. Anyone know what that sticker is all about??

thanks,

Butzie
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: 383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]??? - 08/24/09 04:43 AM

Someone posted a picture of that sticker on here a few weeks ago. They said canadian tire sold those stickers back in the 60's and 70's. Funny, crappy tire doesn't have anything that interesting these days...!

Motor in your car could be anything, anybody could have put those stickers on.
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: 383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]??? - 08/24/09 04:45 AM

I found the thread. Enjoy.

https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post5365887

Re: 383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]??? - 08/24/09 04:57 AM

Thanks for the reply guys. When my dad told me he found a "383 hemi" I told him he was smoking crack. Then he took a picture of the stickers and I thought *oops sorry** LOL??? Once I saw the car it was quite obvious that it was not a hemi because the plug wires were in the standard location and not through the covers.

thanks again guys...
Posted By: 68HemiB

Re: 383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]??? - 08/24/09 05:26 AM

Welcome to the site.

If you haven't already noticed, there is a filter that replaces various words and acronyms when you post.

The intent is that you not use those words and acronyms at all instead of leaving the filter's replacement intact.
Posted By: vdriver

Re: 383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]??? - 08/24/09 05:45 AM

Quote:

Welcome to the site.

If you haven't already noticed, there is a filter that replaces various words and acronyms when you post.

The intent is that you not use those words and acronyms at all instead of leaving the filter's replacement intact.

I was wondering when he would get the hint....if ever.

Re: 383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]??? - 08/24/09 07:02 AM

Sorry guys I didn't re-read my own post so I didn't notice the edit. I thought was fairly clean. Hopefully no harm done.
Posted By: Dodgem

Re: 383 Hemi-Powered??? [Edited by Moparts - Family Friendly Site - Keep it clean]??? - 08/24/09 02:03 PM

Yup the good old Crappy tire 383 hemi powered stickers they keep turning up!!!!
North of Barrie once there was a 67 charger for sale maybe 18 years ago and it's a hemi!! we went and it was outside a little shop on highway 12. out comes the mechanic and I say can I see the motor and he says you now it has a hemi??? he opens the hood and I say that is a (edited by me) 383 (2V yet)had the 383 hemi power stickers on it though. He says I'm sick of hearing that it's a hemi I been a mechanic for 40 years i now what a hemi looks like. We just laughed and walked a way.
If I remember from the sixties Crappy tire also had chevy ones that were 396 turbo power or super turbo power something like that. Dam thats long ago before time!! LOL!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums