Moparts

Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple

Posted By: cjskotni

Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/17/09 10:13 PM

Guys,

I have a waterpump housing of my 400 and I have ONE freakin nipple I cannot get out no matter how hard I try. I have sprayed the liquid wrench on it several times and clamped the crap out of it with vicegrips ...no luck.

I want to blast this housing and fit it with new nipples but this sucker is stuck tight! Any ideas?
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/17/09 10:17 PM

Quote:

Any ideas?

Time to pull out the hot wrench
Posted By: cjskotni

Re: Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/17/09 10:19 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Any ideas?

Time to pull out the hot wrench

Can you explain? You mean getting a blowtorch out and heating this up?
Posted By: repad

Re: Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/17/09 10:21 PM

This is where a "heat wrench" (torch) comes in handy. If you don't have access to one, try placing a bolt in the nipple to give the vice grps something to grab.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/17/09 10:25 PM

yes with your acetylene torch & a small tip heat the threads until it starts to turn red, stop & with vice grips it'll come right.
Posted By: sthemi

Re: Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/18/09 04:58 AM

The last really stuck one I had, I used a ratchet handle (or anything steel) that fit snugly inside the tube, to keep it from crushing obround and with some propane torch got it hot.

Then used my vise grips and out she came..
Posted By: Rollin Hand

Re: Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/18/09 05:05 AM

Cut it down almost flush with the housing then get out the drill bits and drill out the nipple to the point where you can chip out the remains.
Posted By: NANKET

Re: Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/18/09 07:10 AM

Quote:

yes with your acetylene torch & a small tip heat the threads until it starts to turn red, stop & with vice grips it'll come right.

The way to do it, forget about drilling it out.
Posted By: therocks

Re: Frozen WaterPump Housing Nipple - 08/18/09 02:27 PM

Heat is the way to go.I did get a few out using wax.Heat the housing and nipple with a propane torch melt some bees wax at the threads.It works.Had T bar that would not move once.Used the wax and it came right out.If you have regular torches use them unless its an aluminum housing.Rocky
© 2024 Moparts Forums