Moparts

Keisler reviews

Posted By: PossessedDuster

Keisler reviews - 08/14/09 04:56 AM

Trying to find a few honest reviews from guys who have put a Keisler 5 speed kit in an a-body.

I want to put a stick in my 71' 340 Duster which is an auto right now but would like an OD, so far my thoughts are Keisler or Passon's OD gear set for an 833.

The Gear vendors unit combined with a swap are pricey
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: Keisler reviews - 08/14/09 05:10 AM

Keisler guys hang out here... you will get them plus guys that deal in their trannys... out of the box these transmissions don't like to be shifted at or above 6k so keep that in mind. This is the main reason I have not bought one yet myself
Posted By: PossessedDuster

Re: Keisler reviews - 08/14/09 05:25 AM

It's a mild 340 so 6 grand plus shifts arn't a worry. Just curious about fit issues. I hear there might be more to cut then the kit makes it out to be.
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: Keisler reviews - 08/14/09 05:32 AM

never is
Posted By: plumebody

Re: Keisler reviews - 08/14/09 09:55 AM

This will get ugly quick so I'll get my in.

Years ago, many had problems with fitting it in.

Since then, Keisler has made some changes with their product and customer service. (For the positive)

Passon Performance... well nothing but good can come from a purchase from Jamie. VERY respected in the mopar community and makes a great product that he stands behind.
Posted By: lokalik

Re: Keisler reviews - 08/14/09 01:13 PM

talk and deal with richard. he is the best one there, hope he is still there. have one in a b body. anytime you use a after market part you will always have some kind of fit issues. mine were very minor, love the tranny. 1800 rpm at 65mph 19mpg.
Posted By: Mr440GSS

Re: Keisler reviews - 08/14/09 04:38 PM

Quote:

talk and deal with richard. he is the best one there, hope he is still there. have one in a b body. anytime you use a after market part you will always have some kind of fit issues. mine were very minor, love the tranny. 1800 rpm at 65mph 19mpg.

Richard is still there, talked to him yesterday. The TKO is a fantastic trans...
Posted By: rj8806

Re: Keisler reviews - 08/18/09 03:09 PM

Quote:

Thank you for the kind words and yes, I am still here.

Fittment into an A-body will require cutting, no way around it. We do provide you with a template and the sheet metal to do the project so all is well.
I have a picture a customer sent me of his Dart and what he had to cut to make the install but I don't know how to attach it to this post. If someone could help me out on this, I'd be glad to show you. If you want, send me an e-mail to customerservice@keislerauto.com and I will reply and attach the picture for you.

Richard
Tech Support
© 2024 Moparts Forums