Moparts

Hooking up aftermarket guages on a 68 roadrunner

Posted By: 440challenger

Hooking up aftermarket guages on a 68 roadrunner - 08/13/09 11:26 PM

Going to hook up some gauges in my 68. The fuse block is always hot on this car unlike the 72+ cars i have owned in the past where there is an acc terminal. How do you guys go about finding a switched 12 volt source for gauge power. I Guess i could find a wire off the ignition switch and splice into it but id rather not if there is a better way.

Attached picture 5415751-sixtyeight.jpg
Posted By: gtx69

Re: Hooking up aftermarket guages on a 68 roadrunner - 08/13/09 11:48 PM

Wipers radio fuse
Posted By: johnedod

Re: Hooking up aftermarket guages on a 68 roadrunner - 08/14/09 02:57 AM

Take the fuse box off of the dash and look in the back of it. I think there's some piggy back terminals on the back of the fuse box.
Posted By: Moparsky

Re: Hooking up aftermarket guages on a 68 roadrunner - 08/14/09 04:52 AM

If you have the spare $, you might want to think about updating your wiring & put in a modern fuse box & wiring kit. Just a thought. The OEM fuse panels are very small & limiting.
Posted By: 440challenger

Re: Hooking up aftermarket guages on a 68 roadrunner - 08/15/09 02:24 AM

ok i will ck the backside of fuse blcok but i thought they were all hot
Posted By: SomeCarGuy

Re: Hooking up aftermarket guages on a 68 roadrunner - 08/15/09 04:46 AM

I know I found switched power at the fuse box in my 69 RR
Posted By: HealthServices

Re: Hooking up aftermarket guages on a 68 roadrunner - 08/15/09 11:57 PM

I just double checked (5 mins ago) with a test light only two fuses on my 69 is hot with the key out and it is the dome light circuit and the tail lamp (brake light?).

Looking at the 68 RR wire schmactic I would pull power off one of the solid black wires (hot key on) leading to the fuse box and run a small fuse.

Is it possible you have something wired wrong?

I believe the black wire coming out of the ignition switch is switched power and feeds several fuses in the the fuse box.
© 2024 Moparts Forums