Moparts

1969 satellite a/c help

Posted By: jlhram

1969 satellite a/c help - 08/13/09 01:11 AM

I have been trying to round up all the factory parts to restore the a/c in my 69 Satellite/ Roadrunner. I have most of them and think I can get the rest. Looking for some been there done that tips and tricks. Started to go the classic air kit route but that was way out of my budget. Thanks I look forward to your replys.

Jim
Posted By: Moparsky

Re: 1969 satellite a/c help - 08/13/09 05:47 AM

Classic Auto Air may be able to help you with the parts you are missing. It would help a lot to know what bits you are missing.

John
Posted By: runinonmt

Re: 1969 satellite a/c help - 08/13/09 05:11 PM

Mainly needs a new evaporator and discharge line/muffler and hose
Posted By: TrueTripleX

Re: 1969 satellite a/c help - 08/13/09 06:33 PM

Quote:

Mainly needs a new evaporator and discharge line/muffler and hose

This is experience talking. I have restored MANY 60's A/C cars and you NEED the lines with the large fittings (discharge). You may have to hit the salvage yards for these items. The internal components (condensor, heater core, etc.) are repopped. What car/motor are you working on? I may have some extra parts or can possibly direct you. Make sure you recondition or get new all the parts (heater control valve, dryer) so you don't have problems down the line. Is this an R12 or 134 system?
Posted By: jlhram

Re: 1969 satellite a/c help - 08/16/09 01:17 PM

thanks for the replys, the problems I am running into stems from the fact that the car was original a 318 and now it has a 383 in it. I think that I will have to replace the radiator because the upper radiator hose is going to be where the a/c compressor mounts. As runin stated I need a new evaporator, discharge muffler and disharge lines. I've been in touch with classic and they can supply just about everything under the hood, for a price. I'm skeptical about using all old parts but unfortunately money is an object. Thanks again.

Jim
© 2024 Moparts Forums