Moparts

Wiper/Lights Switches Re-Located (A-Body)

Posted By: DartGTDan

Wiper/Lights Switches Re-Located (A-Body) - 06/30/08 11:16 PM

I am planning on installing either a RedLine insert or a modified cluster into a 1970 Duster dash frame into my 1971 Dart GT.

With the RedLine/Custom gauge panel (filled with Speedo, Tach, Water, Oil, Volts, & Fuel gauges) there will be no room for the Wiper/Lights switches to stay in their current respective locations. I know some people have mounted them down in dash frame below the stock locations, but I was thinking of putting them to the right of the RedLine/Custom gauge panel and to the left of the heater/radio in the dash frame (see attached photo).

Has anyone tried these locations? I know I'll have to extend the Lights wiring, and possibly the Wiper wires. Do you think there will be enough clearance on the backside. Does anyone have photos of the backside of a populated (cluster/radio/heater controls) dashboard?

Please let me know your thoughts, or share your experiences!

Thanks,

Dan

Attached picture 4522008-Re-LocatedFactorySwitches.jpg
Posted By: dmerc

Re: Wiper/Lights Switches Re-Located (A-Body) - 07/01/08 01:19 AM

I just checked my 71 Duster and there looks to be plenty room. My radio is out so I was able to get a pretty good look.
Posted By: 71blueduster

Re: Wiper/Lights Switches Re-Located (A-Body) - 07/01/08 01:42 AM

Are you putting a radio in your car? You could put the switches there.
Posted By: DartGTDan

Re: Wiper/Lights Switches Re-Located (A-Body) - 07/01/08 10:50 PM

dmerc,

Thanks for looking. I assumed there would be enough room, but opinions always help.

71blueduster,

Yes, the radio (to be determined what kind) will be there, as well as the HVAC controls.

Thanks Guys!!
© 2024 Moparts Forums