Moparts

How many of you have made your own exhaust system?

Posted By: anmracing

How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 01:44 AM

Well, I finished the exhaust and man, it sounds great! We did a 3 inch pipe all the way back with hi flow cats and straight Summit bullet glass packs.

Here are some pix of the fun.... And a few more.

I wasn't as hard as I expected to be, just time consuming.
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 01:50 AM

You Sir are a better man then I
Flat-backing an erector set exhaust system is not something I'd ever do. With a lift and stands I'd try it but... The pre-bent TTI was more then enough for me!

Looks good!
Posted By: R70RUNNER

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 01:54 AM

BTW, How much time did that car spend in Riverside/San Bernardino CA? 96.7 KCAL Rocks!
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 02:22 AM

Great job anmracing. That's what I intend to do for my Jensen, I'm going 3" through the back with an X pipe.

I made my Coupe exhaust, I even made the headers and the X pipe. It turned out well and I got exactly what I wanted, clearances, placement, etc etc

Headers before

Headers after

Exhaust before

Exhaust after

I made my tailpipes including tips, but they aren't ceramic coated yet......

Posted By: Lefty

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 05:45 PM

Nice looking work guys!
Posted By: ZIPPY

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 07:44 PM

For some reason I can't go to my local auto parts store and buy a 3 1/2" mandrel bent X pipe exhaust for a 69 GTX that has a fuel pump mounted on the right frame rail, so I kinda had no choice but to put one together

It may not be a work of art but I'm pretty happy with it.

Here's a link to pics
Posted By: 1Fast340

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 08:32 PM

nice work from all of you

here is my system my system

not realy good but i did it pretty quick and it sounds awsome and you know the saying about the shoemakers shoes (if you work with it you dont need to do it properly for yourself)
Posted By: Chilort

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 09:57 PM

I made a good bit of mine. I don't have a welder, so I was at a friend's house using his. I forgot to bring my camera too, so I used his wife's. I had it in the wrong mode and made movies instead of pictures, so I'm kind of left with nothing. .... hmmm, maybe I shouldn't be such a mooch......
Posted By: Jeremiah

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 06/30/08 10:14 PM

Whenever possible we do our own systems unless it's a stocker. At that rate it's easier to buy a kit or at least the tail pipes. There are so many possibilities for clearance issues with a modified car I never even considered using a kit.

your mileage may vary!

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 07/04/08 03:29 AM

Man, there are some good pix of home made exhaust. I'm sure glad I didn't have to make the headers. I did have to make a spacer due to the starter but that was it for header fab for me....

I love working on my MOPAR but I love driving it even more!!!!!

Re: How many of you have made your own exhaust system? - 07/04/08 07:15 PM

Riverside back in 1990-91. Just in time for the big quake, floods and riots.....

We used to tear it up in the industrial parks back then. Young and stupid. Never occured to us that the leo could take away the car for racing back then.....

Here's a link of what we've done to the car since last year. Still trying to figure out what color to paint her.
© 2024 Moparts Forums