Moparts

c-body sheet metal

Posted By: 69topless

c-body sheet metal - 07/31/09 04:05 PM

Im in need of trunk floor for my 69 Polara convertible. I know its easy to buy sheet metal for A and B body, but how about C-body? Its really my only chance to buy some not rusted piece taken out of some C-body? What years can i search for, 69-73? Thanks for help, have a good one
Posted By: 05dakota

Re: c-body sheet metal - 07/31/09 06:45 PM

i have heard of others modifying a b body trunk floor.
Posted By: furygt

Re: c-body sheet metal - 08/01/09 11:33 PM

Search eBay and you will find C Body trunk floors that someone is reproducing.

Bill

Re: c-body sheet metal - 08/02/09 07:57 AM

Thank you, I found it on ebay but its described as trunk floor for C-body 65-68. In 69 there were new fuselage model, but i wrote him anyway.

Re: c-body sheet metal - 08/02/09 08:00 AM

Quote:

Anyone can support this idea? What B-body model year? There are 68-70 and 71-73. Or it would be better to use trunk floor for 68 polara even its different model to 69?

Re: c-body sheet metal - 08/04/09 05:32 PM

I went with 65-68 C-body trunk floor i won on ebay.
Posted By: 70Duster440

Re: c-body sheet metal - 08/04/09 05:47 PM

Let us know how it works out. I've got a '69 vert that needs a trunk too.

Re: c-body sheet metal - 08/05/09 05:48 AM

Sure i will, but it takes about 2 months for delivery to Europe, so you have to wait a while.

Re: c-body sheet metal - 11/14/09 09:07 AM

So, finally i received the floor in the mail. Its shorter and not wide enough, but still cover about 70-80 percent of the floor. Well, it needs some custom work, not sure it was worthy for me with all the hassle with shipping it to the Europe. Pictures are low quality, i took them with my cell phone. The part in the middle should be rotated 180 degree with the upper end facing rear of the car. Wish someone would reproduce original floors like on A/B/E-body. I saw 62-64 polara floor on ebay recently, so demand is growing. Will post pictures with the final result, in like one month or so.

Posted By: jrlegacy23

Re: c-body sheet metal - 11/14/09 10:36 AM

www.autobodyspecialt.com has the trunk floor

EDITA: nevermind, also 65-68, sorry
Posted By: Ledman_70

Re: c-body sheet metal - 11/14/09 03:14 PM

Have you asked the guys at www.cbodydrydock.com? Those guys know the cars and sell used parts, too.
Posted By: Commando1

Re: c-body sheet metal - 11/14/09 08:53 PM

Quote:

Have you asked the guys at www.cbodydrydock.com? Those guys know the cars and sell used parts, too.

Drydock member here.

NObody makes "fusie" panels. And I mean nobody!.
Your best bet is to find the yards that specialize in Mopar C-bodies.

Join us over at www.Moparfins.com. We have members that have leads on just about every conceivable part for C-body Mopars. Fins thru Formals plus+++.

Re: c-body sheet metal - 01/04/10 08:52 AM

Ok, the car is back from the shop and this is the result, im quite ok with that

Posted By: 68Cbarge

Re: c-body sheet metal - 01/04/10 11:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone can support this idea? What B-body model year? There are 68-70 and 71-73. Or it would be better to use trunk floor for 68 polara even its different model to 69?

B boy floor pans are different.Ditto pans for the 68 C body.
I would not recommend them unless you dont mind doing some extra fabrication to make them fit.
IMHO,fabricating from scratch takes the equal amount of time to making those fit.

As you already know the 65-68 trunk pans are different to the 69-73.
Heck the E-bay pans do not fit the 65-68 cars properly!!
Your shop did a good job making everything fit.
Given your location I guess you had to make do.

Us Barge lubbers do have to use our imagination and be more creative since their is little aftermarket support.

I fabricated all the sheetmetal for my car--even before the "repop" panels showed up.
Cheers!
Posted By: modelmakerinc

Re: c-body sheet metal - 01/04/10 12:05 PM

looks like they did a very fine job
Posted By: Lefty

Re: c-body sheet metal - 01/04/10 07:21 PM

Quote:

looks like they did a very fine job

Looks good!
Posted By: Davews

Re: c-body sheet metal - 03/17/15 06:31 PM

Hey, Just a comment... I purchased one of the trunk pans off of e bay (Made in USA) and laid it in the trunk of my 69 Fury... Not even close. After wasting $199 I'm back looking for a salvage one... Buyer beware ! Best to you, Dave
Posted By: Silver70

Re: c-body sheet metal - 03/17/15 09:26 PM

I have a 71 fury that has/had a good trunk floor... haven't looked at it in a few years. My problem was, is it worth the effort to remove for what it's worth... even drilling and cutting a junk rusty one out is a pain!
© 2024 Moparts Forums