Moparts

E-body A/C cars have driver vent?

Posted By: 6pkaar

E-body A/C cars have driver vent? - 07/30/09 08:23 PM

I was looking at AMD's website and noticed the firewalls for the A/C cars dont have the opening for the drivers side vent. Don't A/C cars have a vent on that side, or does it come in from somewhere else.
Posted By: challenger70

Re: E-body A/C cars have driver vent? - 07/30/09 08:26 PM

Quote:

I was looking at AMD's website and noticed the firewalls for the A/C cars dont have the opening for the drivers side vent. Don't A/C cars have a vent on that side, or does it come in from somewhere else.

All the vents attach to the (A/C &) heater box
Posted By: superwrench

Re: E-body A/C cars have driver vent? - 07/30/09 08:26 PM

No vent on the A/C cars. All the air is taken thru the right side plenum opening and into the heater/AC box and then vented from there thru the ducts.
Posted By: denfireguy

Re: E-body A/C cars have driver vent? - 07/31/09 03:41 AM

Quote:

There is no passenger side vent either. What may be throwing you off is that a lot of E bodies are missing the ductwork that goes from the heater box to the driver side vent. It goes underneath the steering column and then up to the vent opening. Radio, dash and other work required its removal and a lot of them never had them put back in. They are not exactly plentiful on the used part market.
Craig
Posted By: Classof70Chally

Re: E-body A/C cars have driver vent? - 07/31/09 04:01 AM

Likewise the narrow trim piece that screws to the bottom of the dash panel to help hide said same duct work.
© 2024 Moparts Forums