Moparts

Speedometer output for T5 transmission swap

Posted By: mshred

Speedometer output for T5 transmission swap - 07/26/09 07:33 PM

Hey everyone,
some of you may remember i asked awhile ago about throwout bearings for the t5 swap and a small block...i know most of you guys are running tko's but maybe you can help me...i have the tranny mounted and everything, but the problem is that where the speedo output is will go straight at one of the sleeves for the transmission mount bolts...basically i would have to move the bolt for the mount to another location and put the sleeve in the crossmember to a different location which i really dont want to do...im wondering if there are different speedo ends...im using a mechanical output that came with the tranny (90 mustang 5.0) and i want to stay mechanical...if electrical is my only option then i guess no speedo for now, but if anyone has any suggestions, advice, or pictures of how they did this that would be great!

Thanks Alot
Matthew
Posted By: OzHemi

Re: Speedometer output for T5 transmission swap - 07/26/09 09:52 PM

Do you have room for a right angle drive on the speedo output ?

Years ago I put a '91 GT , T-5 into my Aussie Charger, and it was close but I was able to sneak a cable by everything (had one made in Oz..)

Re: Speedometer output for T5 transmission swap - 07/27/09 03:47 AM

id have to look again

Re: Speedometer output for T5 transmission swap - 07/28/09 02:20 AM

well it looks like i would have room for a right angle speedo output, thing is im not sure if there is one made for these trannies and how much they are, or if they even work since im not exactly sure how large the 90 degree one will be....anybody else have any experience with this?
© 2024 Moparts Forums