Moparts

e body sill plate screws?

Posted By: formula_s

e body sill plate screws? - 07/23/09 10:16 PM

Are the 2 screws at the ends, the ones that go into the kick panel in the front and the panel below the 1/4 glass the same as the 4 that go into the sill plate itself or are they smaller? Also who sells those white round plastic seat bumpers that go into the seat backs?
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: e body sill plate screws? - 07/23/09 10:21 PM

Should be the same... If they stick up and catch when the door is opened you may need to gently push down on the sill plate for clearance... ..R/T Specialties has the seat bumpers...

Re: e body sill plate screws? - 07/23/09 10:30 PM

From one Colin to another, thanks! Colin S.
Posted By: dulcich

Re: e body sill plate screws? - 07/23/09 11:40 PM

different screw.
-dulcich

Re: e body sill plate screws? - 07/24/09 03:21 AM

Bought a pkg of 12 screws from Megaparts,they're all the same but wasn't sure. I tried to find a car on the show field for reference and came ac ross a car that was OE silver a few years ago and the screws were all the same. He told me to speak to Mel but his car wasn't there this year.
Posted By: screamindriver

Re: e body sill plate screws? - 07/27/09 01:07 AM

Only difference I've run across over the years is a serrated head to hold them in place but they look the same after install... I don't claim to know everything and I'll give a for some new input...In any case, if you call Tom at R/T specialties he'll know exactly what the deal is for the sill fasteners if there's a varience so you'll be killing two birds with one stone...Let me know what you find...Colin...
© 2024 Moparts Forums