Moparts

Simple hot lash question......

Posted By: Damned67

Simple hot lash question...... - 06/28/08 08:44 AM

Finally got someone to watch over me on my first run through setting the lash on the new stroker (amazing things happen once you've got a couple of kegs tapped in the room next to the garage).
Here's my simple question that I can't seem to find an answer for.......

Once I get the engine warmed up/hot, how long do I typically have to set the lash 'hot' before I should look at running the engine again?
If I get it warm, and then there's some heat sink, will the engine stay 'hot' enough for an hour (or however long it's going to take to set the lash)??

Cheers!

Posted By: sickt7cuda

Re: Simple hot lash question...... - 06/28/08 12:39 PM

I'd say maybe 10 or 15 minutes at the most. I generally do one complete side, run the engine up to temp again, then do the other side.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Simple hot lash question...... - 06/28/08 05:27 PM

It becomes easier once you know some information. What I would suggest is that you go through the pain of setting the lash hot the first time then let the engine completely cool and check the lash setting again. Remember what the cold lash setting is and just do that next time you need to check the lash. Set the lash cold next time and just quickly recheck when hot. I find I get fewer burns that way.
Posted By: BobR

Re: Simple hot lash question...... - 06/28/08 06:33 PM

Quote:

It becomes easier once you know some information. What I would suggest is that you go through the pain of setting the lash hot the first time then let the engine completely cool and check the lash setting again. Remember what the cold lash setting is and just do that next time you need to check the lash. Set the lash cold next time and just quickly recheck when hot. I find I get fewer burns that way.

GREAT ADVICE and what I ALWAYS do. IMO the lash numbers aren't that critical. A couple of thousandths either ways makes very little difference on anything but a full on huge cam strip only effort. -Bob
© 2024 Moparts Forums