Moparts

Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them?

Posted By: MadMatt

Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 10:27 PM

I've been looking for some bucket seats to replace the bench seat in my '70 Dart. A guy I know at a body shop had these laying around and gave them to me. Can anyone tell me for sure what vehicle they are from? I'll post a few photos.

Thanks!

Attached picture 4515877-100_3357.JPG

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 10:28 PM

Here's another photo...

Attached picture 4515880-100_3358.JPG

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 10:29 PM

Another...

Attached picture 4515884-100_3359.JPG

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 10:30 PM

Last one.
Thanks again for any help!!

Attached picture 4515886-100_3360.JPG
Posted By: DarrenS

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 11:10 PM

They look like 70 71 ebody to me, they may be the same as other models that year...

Darren
Posted By: dmerc

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 11:33 PM

They look the same as in my 71 Duster.
Posted By: mopar346

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 11:35 PM

Either way, great score, tracks and all. Pull the back of the drivers seat and see if there is a build sheet.
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 11:47 PM

They are a 71 or 72 mopar bucket seats. The 70 had a different back (they were 2 piece at the seat button). 73's had a soft back. They were re-upholstered since thats not a stock mopar pattern (I've never seen a pleated headrest). If someone can ID the tracks that will help narrow it down

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/27/08 11:52 PM

Quote:

Either way, great score, tracks and all. Pull the back of the drivers seat and see if there is a build sheet.

Just pulled the seat back and no build sheet.
The upholstery is white/tan under the seat back. The seats have been spray dyed black. Not that it really matters, they need a rebuild anyway. I just hope the tracks will fit my Dart.

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/28/08 12:04 AM

Quote:

They are a 71 or 72 mopar bucket seats. The 70 had a different back (they were 2 piece at the seat button). 73's had a soft back. They were re-upholstered since thats not a stock mopar pattern (I've never seen a pleated headrest). If someone can ID the tracks that will help narrow it down

I can't find any part #'s on the tracks. The inner track on the passenger seat has something stamped on it that appears to be 405 followed by some sort of symbol and then 73. I've attached a photo. Does this tell NE1 anything?

Attached picture 4516035-100_3361.JPG
Posted By: CYACOP

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/28/08 03:23 AM

Quote:

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/28/08 04:28 AM

The seat tracks are definitely the big question for me.

By any chance does anyone have a '70-72 A-body seat that they can measure the track on and give me the distance between the mounting studs front to back and side to side?
Posted By: GTX70sixpack

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/28/08 08:59 AM

Quote:

By any chance does anyone have a '70-72 A-body seat that they can measure the track on and give me the distance between the mounting studs front to back and side to side?

It's the height of each track that is different on many cars. The cross and f to r are usually the same
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/28/08 12:13 PM

Take pictures of the seat tracks from close up angles that show the height difference of the mounting areas

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/28/08 03:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

It's the height of each track that is different on many cars. The cross and f to r are usually the same

So then can I assume that I can use it in my '70 A-body and just make spacers if necessary?
Posted By: G-Money1320

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/29/08 01:26 AM

The tracks are definately 72-74 E-body as the outside flat plate on the bottom gives it away as to being E-body. Also another indication of being 72-74 is that there is not a cross over wire to unlock the inside track as there would be on the 70-71 seats. The covers were probably installed by an aftermarket company. Either way they are a good score for free. The tracks wont work in an A-body as you need the correct tracks to be higher on the outside track to fit the floor. The backs also indicate 72-74 as they are of the one piece design where the 70-71 have metal covers that hide the hinge area. The closest cover I looked at in the Legendary catalog is for the 70-71 Cuda Gran Coupe leather seat cover with the seam a couple inches from the front of the bottom cushion, but those original ones didnt have the ribs all the way up the headrest so hense the aftermarket reply. Hope this helps. Greg
Posted By: A38s!

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/29/08 02:17 AM

Apr 5th, 1973 or, Apr, 5th Week, 1973. Not certain .

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/29/08 03:01 AM

Quote:

The tracks are definately 72-74 E-body as the outside flat plate on the bottom gives it away as to being E-body. Also another indication of being 72-74 is that there is not a cross over wire to unlock the inside track as there would be on the 70-71 seats. The covers were probably installed by an aftermarket company. Either way they are a good score for free. The tracks wont work in an A-body as you need the correct tracks to be higher on the outside track to fit the floor. The backs also indicate 72-74 as they are of the one piece design where the 70-71 have metal covers that hide the hinge area. The closest cover I looked at in the Legendary catalog is for the 70-71 Cuda Gran Coupe leather seat cover with the seam a couple inches from the front of the bottom cushion, but those original ones didnt have the ribs all the way up the headrest so hense the aftermarket reply. Hope this helps. Greg

That helps a bunch! Thanks!
Guess I'll sell the E-body tracks and try and buy a set of A-body tracks - unless there is someone out there that has a set to trade.
Posted By: daniel_depetro

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/29/08 03:05 AM

Good luck with that.

Most E-bodies came with bucket seats so they are plentiful and not worth much. The A-body bucket seat tracks on the other hand tend to bring $240-300.00 everyday of the week when you can find them.

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/29/08 03:09 AM

Quote:

Good luck with that.

Most E-bodies came with bucket seats so they are plentiful and not worth much. The A-body bucket seat tracks on the other hand tend to bring $240-300.00 everyday of the week when you can find them.

Yeah, I guess your right. Oh well, at least I've got seats. I guess that's 1/3 of the battle.
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: Just got these seats, can NE1 identify them? - 06/29/08 11:37 AM

Quote:

The A-body bucket seat tracks on the other hand tend to bring $240-300.00 everyday of the week when you can find them.

Just the tracks????? If that is true, I am a rich man!

I'll sell for $1000
© 2024 Moparts Forums