Moparts

98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help.

Posted By: 67Mopar

98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/27/08 06:55 PM

Any advise would be appreciated, new coil done, throttle body done, fuel regulator, and pump done, Im just about done, runs fine cold, then bogs out after it is warmed up and I hit my first stop sign. THanks
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/27/08 10:42 PM

distributor pick up and/or crank sensor.
both very common.if you get me your vin I
can get you some part numbers.
pick up 56028143 list 55.45
auto trans crank sensor 56027870 98.50 list
stick trans crank sensor 56027871 98.50 list
special discount for Massmopar members!
Posted By: UCUDANT

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/28/08 01:14 PM

More of a detailed description might help narrow things down. Ie will it restart, immediatley or not? Any popping/backfiring...intake or exhaust?
When you say it bogs this leads me to believe you may have a fuel system issue. With ignition failures you may see backfiring or have it cut off cleanly. Stumbling is more an indication of a poor fuel mixture or a problem that simulates one.
You replaced the fuel pump and regulator, but did you check fuel pressure first? Have you checked for vacuum leaks? If it stumbles/bogs as you stop is your brake booster bad? Could the EGR have stuck open? Checked to make sure the IAC is not sticking/gummed up?
Any codes? A torque convertor not unlocking can kill yor engine ...if you were going that fast

Good luck.
Posted By: stumpy

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/28/08 02:25 PM

Have you had it read for codes?

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/30/08 01:44 PM

The fuel pressure was way up which led us to believe it was overloading and bogging out due to a bad regulator, now it does fire right up and will idle no cracking or backfireing there does seem to be a loud sucking noise somewhere in the engine compartment, but I cant find a leak, the brake booster thought is a good one, ive been suspect about my brakes for yrs,. It is possible that I kinked a line stuffing the tank back in but I am smelling some burning and looking for a probable ground issue, which could take yrs to find. total pain in the butt on this one.
Posted By: Reggie

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/30/08 02:36 PM

I wonder if you have a blown intake manifold plenum cover gasket. Is it using oil? Hughes sells a reinforcement kit for the problem.

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/30/08 04:54 PM

Quote:

I wonder if you have a blown intake manifold plenum cover gasket. Is it using oil? Hughes sells a reinforcement kit for the problem.

Ruled out that one but because of the lack of oil usage
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/30/08 05:16 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Ruled out that one but because of the lack of oil usage

thats not completely true

i would give moparts bob your VIN and have him see if it was done under warranty .

as far as your brakes , its a 98 2500 , the brakes just plain blow on that model year truck , if the booster was bad you would have a very hard to push peddle , is this the case ?
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/30/08 05:37 PM

Bad battery....

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/30/08 05:57 PM

Quote:

Bad battery....

Its not the best for sure but Id like to hear more.

Thanks all.
Posted By: NITROUSN

Re: 98 360 Stall problem Fuel starved? Help. - 06/30/08 07:38 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Bad battery....

Its not the best for sure but Id like to hear more.

Thanks all.

If the battery is weak it will cause issues. The computer loses its adaptive memory if the voltage drops to low esp while cranking.
© 2024 Moparts Forums