Moparts

V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange.....

Posted By: IMGTX

V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/11/09 03:54 AM

Is a manual transmission flywheel from an 88 dodge 1/2ton truck with a v-6 neutral balanced and is it the same as the old 130 tooth small block flywheels?

If not what are the late model v-6's that I should look for?

Re: V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/11/09 04:51 PM

Bump for the morning crowd.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/11/09 09:57 PM

Quote:

Is a manual transmission flywheel from an 88 dodge 1/2ton truck with a v-6 neutral balanced and is it the same as the old 130 tooth small block flywheels?

Probably, but I'd check to see if it had an A833OD in then, yes. If it had an NP435 (could it get one?) then no.

As for the V6 Dakota wheel, I believe I used a pre Magnum Dakota as my source, been a while.
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/12/09 12:45 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Probably, but I'd check to see if it had an A833OD in then, yes. If it had an NP435 (could it get one?) then no.

As for the V6 Dakota wheel, I believe I used a pre Magnum Dakota as my source, been a while.

It was a 5 speed.

Is that the same 5 speed as goes in the Dakota? Love to have a 5 speed slant in a Duster! Pattern on the bell look like it might swap.
Posted By: Supercuda

Re: V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/12/09 04:13 PM

A slant? Not in front of a five speed, stock.

the V6 is the same pattern as the LA, not the slant.

Back in the 60's Dodge trucks had a dual pattern bellhousing that was cast iron, large and heavy, but it had the slant anf the LA pattern on it, but the NP435 was bolted to it.

I know guys have put T5's behind slants, check out slansix.org, I believe, for details.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/12/09 04:20 PM

Quote:

To answer the question , neutral balance is neutral balance , if it will bolt on it will work .
Posted By: Rug_Trucker

Re: V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/12/09 04:43 PM

I know the bell won't fit. The tranny is what I am wondering about. I know I looked at a Dakota tranny and it looked like it was tall enough to have to cut into the dash on an A body.

Just didn't know if that is the same as in the full size '88 truck. I do have several 3/4 speed bells for the slant.

Re: V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/14/09 05:00 PM

Quote:

To answer the question , neutral balance is neutral balance , if it will bolt on it will work .

I was hoping somebody would know if that flywheel was neutral balance and if it was a 130 tooth without me having to pull it.

I get paid Tomorrow so if it is a good prospect I may hit the Junkyard Thursday. I just hate to pull it for no reason.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: V6/V8 Neutral Balance Flywheel interchange..... - 07/14/09 06:33 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I was hoping somebody would know if that flywheel was neutral balance and if it was a 130 tooth without me having to pull it.

I get paid Tomorrow so if it is a good prospect I may hit the Junkyard Thursday. I just hate to pull it for no reason.

you didn't ask that question ..

ask in the truck forum ???
© 2024 Moparts Forums