Moparts

holley carb flooding problem

Posted By: knuckelbuster

holley carb flooding problem - 07/06/09 07:24 PM

Holley 600 with vac. secondaries.rebuilt with a holley kit but it has gass leaking past the throttle blades on all four barrels where the idle bleed are.took apart 3 times and cant figure out what the deal is.floats are set correctly.help! this is drivin me nuts.
Dan
Posted By: RobX4406

Re: holley carb flooding problem - 07/06/09 08:33 PM

Are the floats full or have any fuel inside. They are known to fill and sink on occasion.

Could be dirt in the needle and seat.

Re: holley carb flooding problem - 07/06/09 08:55 PM

floatss ok needle and seat ok
Posted By: Crizila

Re: holley carb flooding problem - 07/06/09 09:39 PM

What kind of fuel pressure ae you running?

Re: holley carb flooding problem - 07/06/09 10:15 PM

Dont know.its a new pump but i had the problem before i replaced it. its mechanical.Dan
Posted By: mayhem148

Re: holley carb flooding problem - 07/06/09 10:56 PM

check all the vents and air bleeds. sounds like you have something plugged up. where did you get your rebuild kit?

Re: holley carb flooding problem - 07/07/09 12:43 AM

holley kit from speed shop
DAN
Posted By: Crizila

Re: holley carb flooding problem - 07/07/09 01:42 AM

Assume you are running a fuel filter?? Remove the fuel line at the carb and plug it. Start the engine and run the carb dry. Re connect the fuel line and fire it up. This proceedure will often work to flush ant dirt past the needle and seat - if that's the problem. Assume you replaced the needle & seat with a Holley matched set? Check the floats for leaks and the float hangers for any binding. Did you set the float levels manually? Don't know how you could have done it with the sight plugs if it was flooding.
© 2024 Moparts Forums