Moparts

Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube?

Posted By: Dartman928

Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/03/09 01:01 PM

I need a new fuel tank for a 74 A-Body and I have found that Rock Auto sells a tank by Spectra. Inline tube makes one also stated 100% american made. Cost difference is about $30 more at inline.

Also any ideas on where the best place is to get the tank straps and j-bolts?

Thank you for the help
Posted By: Rhinodart

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/03/09 02:10 PM

I buy from these guys: www.vansauto.com check them out!
Posted By: Robbins

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/03/09 02:47 PM

I got mine from Dante's.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/03/09 02:59 PM

Rick Layson is having a clearance sale & he quoted me 140(65 dart) Might check if he has your app
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/03/09 06:13 PM

I thought most were made by Spectra in Canada (Quebec) . . .they are great product ! I bought one for my Duster. . . here is a hint :

68-70(??) . . . A body had 18 gallon (US) tank - 71 up used 16 gallon (US) tank. I don't know about you guys, but having 2 more gallons in the tank seems like a great idea to me !!!

I purchased the tank for the older A body application and it fit perfect into my 76 Feather Duster !!! I would suggest going for higher capacity tank !

Only thing I hate, is the "new" sending unit I installed, damn thing reads full, then down to 3/4 full, then BANG, down to 3/4 EMPTY - even though there is still like half a tank of fuel !!! AARRGGHHH . . . think I will get another sending unit and gauge - get a 5volt power supply and calibrate the unit to the gauge and THEN install both ! I have heard NOTHING but bad news about these supposedly NEW sending units !

Hope that helps . . .

Cheers

Mark

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/03/09 07:55 PM

Mark,

Who did you get your sending unit from?
Posted By: a12rag

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/03/09 08:24 PM

Ummmm . . . I got the tank and sending unit from RPM Automotive - think they have changed their name . . . . but as far as I knew, most of the sending units are Mopar ones that guys are reselling.

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/05/09 02:57 AM

Anyone else have some input?

Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/05/09 03:06 AM

Quote:

I purchased the tank for the older A body application and it fit perfect into my 76 Feather Duster !!! I would suggest going for higher capacity tank !

from what I'm seen all the A body tanks interchange ex for some years the emission fittings which I am not concerned with. Get the largest(A body) one you can & the checkerboard pattern on the bottom is the same,just use the single transverse strap if it's an early A or the later front to rear straps(2) if it's a later A body. The one on my 65 Dart is a later one(from Frankie Mitchell of all people ). bought years ago.
Posted By: Blue66Charger

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/06/09 01:23 AM

I used Inline, they're local to me. Also got my sending unit from them. All great (Spectra I think). Tell Inline your situation and see if they match!
Posted By: yellow sixpack

Re: Need A-Body fuel tank Rock Auto or Inline Tube? - 07/06/09 01:49 AM

I bought all my stuff from INLINE. Great tech help and shipping charges not bad. That VANS Co has all Tiawan stuff. Get the Canadian tank if you cant find the Americam made one.

Attached picture 5335371-015.JPG
© 2024 Moparts Forums