Moparts

Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks.....

Posted By: Blakcharger440

Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks..... - 07/02/09 06:29 PM

I am trying to figure out why this fuel log that is on my carb continually leaks at the carb fittings.

The fittings have aluminum spacers on them at the fuel bowls....which I am kind of suspicious of.

I am planning on just taking that fuel log off and putting my old one back on as it didnt leak.

Here is a pic of the fuel log on the carb.

Posted By: jbc426

Re: Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks..... - 07/02/09 11:49 PM

I had a leak at the same place on the fuel bowl, right where that deadsoft aluminum gasket seals. It turned out to be a small scratch across the face of the seat on the fuel bowl, right where the gasket sits. I dressed it with a small fine file and got it flat and smooth. The leak was fixed.

Attached picture 5329721-\'Cudaprepaint001(Large).jpg
Posted By: 69L78Nova

Re: Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks..... - 07/03/09 12:42 AM

I would get rid of the aluminum fittings. Ive had them leak more than once

Re: Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks..... - 07/03/09 02:49 AM

Quote:

I would get rid of the aluminum fittings. Ive had them leak more than once

I figured that getting rid of those aluminum fittings may help it seal better but it also leaks at the very back of that fuel log where there is an allen screw..and it seems no matter how much I tighten it will leak.

I swapped my old fuel line back onto the carb and fired it back up and it does not leak.

But I would still like to try and make this setup leak free.
Posted By: HealthServices

Re: Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks..... - 07/03/09 05:04 AM

Quote:

but it also leaks at the very back of that fuel log where there is an allen screw..and it seems no matter how much I tighten it will leak.

Did you use Teflon tape?

Re: Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks..... - 07/03/09 06:15 PM

Quote:

Quote:

but it also leaks at the very back of that fuel log where there is an allen screw..and it seems no matter how much I tighten it will leak.

Did you use Teflon tape?

Nope, I did not use teflon tape on any of the fuel fittings. I have never used any type of tape or sealant on fuel fittings before.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks..... - 07/03/09 07:19 PM

As said check the sealing surfaces and can you toss the spacers, seems like there is plenty of room for the log to be closer to the carb wo any ill effects
Posted By: HealthServices

Re: Trying to figure out why this fuel log leaks..... - 07/03/09 07:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Did you use Teflon tape?

Nope, I did not use teflon tape on any of the fuel fittings. I have never used any type of tape or sealant on fuel fittings before.

No just for the 1/4' pipe thread.

Try it it will work, just do not use it on the other fittings
© 2024 Moparts Forums