Moparts

front wheel drive transmission

Posted By: roadrunnerreds

front wheel drive transmission - 06/24/08 08:32 AM

can anyone tell me what for transmission they used in a 90 dodge daytona? thanks Brad
Posted By: Jim_Lusk

Re: front wheel drive transmission - 06/24/08 02:40 PM

Auto or manual? What engine?

Re: front wheel drive transmission - 06/24/08 05:58 PM

it has a 2.5 engine with automatic with a lockup converter. Brad
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: front wheel drive transmission - 06/24/08 06:51 PM

A413. Turbo auto's also used the A413, however they had more clutches and did not have provisions to use a lockup torq converter.

Re: front wheel drive transmission - 06/25/08 05:53 PM

do you know if there are many differences between an 87 a413 and a 90 a413? i have a 87 trany that if i need any parts i could take them from it? thanks alot Brad
Posted By: DaytonaTurbo

Re: front wheel drive transmission - 06/25/08 08:32 PM

87 will be the same as your 90. Only slightly different if you're mixing turbo with non-turbo.

Re: front wheel drive transmission - 07/02/08 08:17 PM

Has anyone ever replaced a torque converter in a 413 trany and got one without the mark for setting the timing? i picked one up earlier today for my wifes 90 daytona and it does not have a mark for setting the ignition timing. Brad
Posted By: Magnum

Re: front wheel drive transmission - 07/02/08 09:01 PM

I had a Shadow and the new transmission/convertor had no TDC mark.

Since it was not a race engine, just a commuter.
Also the engine really only needs you to set the ignition timing as reference. I didn't feel accuracy was that important.

I did the backyard method of looking for TDC feeling for the piston coming up. Made a mark with a paint marker. Did it again on the other side. In between my marks was TDC or close enough.
© 2024 Moparts Forums