Moparts

Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP!

Posted By: GLR

Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/23/09 04:03 PM

I have a 452 (400-with 440 crank) stroker engine with mopar stage 6 heads-(stock) and a comp cam -270 duration with 470 lift with headers and it has two Edelbrock 650 CFM thunderseries carbs on it.
I want to know waht I should use for primary and secondary jetting and also what metering rods and the step up springs should I use?????

The carbs are stock calabration;

Primary Jets-.095

Secondary Jets .098

Metering rods .068 x .047

with orange step up springs

You can post here or send me an e-mail to; glr7069@ptd.net

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/23/09 08:46 PM

Hemi guys? racers? anyone know?????
Posted By: stumpy

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/23/09 08:49 PM

You might do better asking in the Unlawful race only area. Those guys don't always get here.

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/23/09 09:26 PM

Thanks!..
I put a post in there,
But I find it hard to beleave that no one has dual four barrels on there steet car.
Posted By: fox

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/23/09 11:53 PM

My advice it put it together and go drive it. It could be close.

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/24/09 02:38 AM

Well, I would rather find out what the calabration should be and that way I won't damage anything
Posted By: TooMany62s

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/24/09 12:07 PM

For my 440 I went to one of the old mopar performance guides and used the jets suggested for the 2X4 super stock cars. I'm on the road so I don't have the numbers with me but if you PM me I'll look them up and send them to you when I get home this weekend.
Posted By: Mr.Yuck

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/24/09 12:17 PM

I'd probably put them on as is and go from there. They will need adjusting no matter what you do. It also has a lot to do w/ the rest of your set-up, compression, stall gear, headers??? and so on.
Posted By: CrAzYMoPaRGuY

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/24/09 12:25 PM

Quote:

Thanks!..
I put a post in there,
But I find it hard to beleave that no one has dual four barrels on there steet car.

I do, but mine isn't fired yet.
I have a 446ci with the same cam- 270H, but I have two Edelbrock 500s on a CH28...

I'm gonna get mine running and go from there, but my metering rod sizes won't matter to you cause my carbs are different....

Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/24/09 12:27 PM

Quote:

I won't damage anything

If it's not pinging nor overheating no damage is being done just that your performance/mileage might not be optimum and you'd rather be slightly rich than too lean & I would inquire if those particular carbs are jetted stock on the rich side or the lean side. check your plugs until you can afford an innovate LM-2(with the rpm converter) to exactly find out(& get perfect) your air/fuel mixture
Posted By: bobby66

Re: Dual four barral carburator calabration..HELP! - 06/24/09 12:40 PM

Dan Dvorack sells a device for balancing two-four barrel set ups. I've never seen one in person.
© 2024 Moparts Forums