Moparts

Were to get HP manifold flanges

Posted By: NAS Backyard

Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 03:14 AM

I'm trying to fix an exhaust leak on my HP manifolds.I checked by hand and the leak is at the flange even with 2 gaskets. The exhaust guy used some crap flanges to begin with , then I went from 383 to 440 and had to tweek the pipes to fit. Now I want to start over with new flanges and start with 3" pipe and go all the way back, I currently have 2 1/2" with 2" tail pipes. Weres a good vender to find these parts at? Maybe they are a stock item at an exhaust shop. I want a hole to hole fit with no slotted holes or sloppy fit though.Thanks
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 03:20 AM

http://www.accurateltd.com/Flanges_c_10.html

I had a similar leak, what Tom from Accurate suggested & I did with good results was bolt the headpipe to the manifold with the new flange sandwiched between the old flange & the headpipe... Tack the two flanges together then drop the pipe down & fully weld it.. Winds up with a 1/2" thick flange & no more leaks...

Re: Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 03:30 AM

Excellent idea Randy! I checked Accurate and they have the 2 1/2" flanges. I beat the crap out of my pipes when I went to the 440 so I want to clean everything up and also install an H pipe.Is it even practical to try and run 3" off the manifold? BTW, I found my engine problem, loose torque converter bolts (like hand tight, doh!) I also found a guy to build my engine to go 12's at a decent price.
Posted By: RapidRobert

Re: Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 03:39 AM

Quote:

Is it even practical to try and run 3" off the manifold?

When Andy did it w his 470(alum heads & 68-70 hp manifolods) he made iirc 550 hp
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 05:01 AM

Here is the 3 inch to HP manifold setup that I had built for my car. I don't know anyone who sells these parts, I had to have this stuff all fabricated for my project.

Re: Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 06:26 AM

Quote:

Here is the 3 inch to HP manifold setup that I had built for my car. I don't know anyone who sells these parts, I had to have this stuff all fabricated for my project.

That is a Rude set-up! Sweet Work! OK, I know it can be done, just need to find someone with a CNC machine.I might be able to hog out the 2 1/2" ones. Is that an O2 sensor for tuning?
Posted By: AndyF

Re: Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 02:28 PM

Yes, I put an O2 bung in each head pipe so I can run a wide band setup on either side.
Posted By: 1_WILD_RT

Re: Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 03:48 PM

TTI sells a set of 3" head pipes.. $188.00

http://www.ttiexhaust.com/ComponentParts/ExhaustParts.htm#ep
Posted By: CHRYCOFAN

Re: Were to get HP manifold flanges - 06/22/09 04:32 PM

Or right below the headpipes they show the H-pipe like you want too, even says it clears the GV unit. 222.00 $.

Butch
© 2024 Moparts Forums