Moparts

Motive Gear

Posted By: paulgrr63

Motive Gear - 06/11/09 07:11 PM

I am changing the gears in my 8 1/4 rear to 3.55. Does anyone have any experience with Motive gear? Are they worth the money or should I just go with Richmond? They are priced cheaper than Richmond gears so thought I would ask. Thanks, Paul
Posted By: In_The_Pink

Re: Motive Gear - 06/11/09 09:12 PM

I've used 'em and they held up just fine in my van. (3.55/mild 360, 3k rpm launch)

Posted By: 68Bullit

Re: Motive Gear - 06/11/09 09:18 PM

Motive and U.S. Gear are great ring gears. Some folks like Richmond gears while others have experienced noise from them. I know you won't go wrong with Motive.
Posted By: rdrmod6

Re: Motive Gear - 06/11/09 09:20 PM

I dont think they will break on a street car but if you want Richmonds that is what you should get. After you buy bearings and maybe pay for labor the money you save will not be that much different.
Posted By: 70Cuda383

Re: Motive Gear - 06/11/09 10:30 PM

I've got motive 4.56s in my 9.25 axle under the big block dakota. just got it back on the road, so no longevity input yet, but so far, I like them. a tiny ringing or "tone" comes from them at part throttle cruise and light acceleration...anything more than light acceleration, and I can't hear it because the engine noise drowns it out.

quick and easy break in so far, they've got maybe 200 miles on them?

I like them. I picked up the entire install kit from Moe's Performance, he had the best price AND free shipping
Posted By: torkrules

Re: Motive Gear - 06/11/09 11:10 PM

Quote:

I am changing the gears in my 8 1/4 rear to 3.55. Does anyone have any experience with Motive gear? Are they worth the money or should I just go with Richmond? They are priced cheaper than Richmond gears so thought I would ask. Thanks, Paul

I've got 3.54s. Two years no complaints and very quiet.
Posted By: paulgrr63

Re: Motive Gear - 06/11/09 11:13 PM

I'm glad to hear they work great

This is my first time changing gears on a car. What else would I need to do a gear change? I was looking at this kit... https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/newr...part=1&vc=1 Is this all I need?

Thanks, Paul.
© 2024 Moparts Forums