Moparts

Question about mounting a go wing to 74 Duster

Posted By: twister360

Question about mounting a go wing to 74 Duster - 06/09/09 01:05 PM

I have a 74 Duster and I would like to know if I can use the same type of mounting hardware as used on the 70 and 71 Dusters.
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Question about mounting a go wing to 74 Duster - 06/09/09 01:11 PM

No , not really , the 74 trunk lid doesn't have the cutouts for the underside bracing.

That said you don't really need it , my dad bought a duster new in 1972 , the wing was not available so he had one added to the car , whomever installed it, I think it was the body shop near where we lived , just put a stack of fender washers on the back sade ... HACK ... it stayed on there with no issue for the 130k or so miles the car accrued over decade plus it was on the road.

You could put a 70-71 trunk lid on the car or cut out the underside bracing for the brackets

Re: Question about mounting a go wing to 74 Duster - 06/09/09 01:14 PM

I think you can get the template for the cut outs for the under side of the lid. I was just curious to know if the underside of the lid was the same as on earlier models. Thanks for the info.
Posted By: Anonymous

Post deleted by moparts - 06/09/09 04:00 PM

Re: Question about mounting a go wing to 74 Duster - 06/10/09 01:16 AM

Quote:

I have the original install sheets in my archives.
Measurement, reference points, mounting etc..
2 pages. Too big to attach. PM me your email and I'll send them over.
-Jason

Is the inside of a 74 trunk lid the same as an earlier model?
Posted By: mopars4ever

Re: Question about mounting a go wing to 74 Duster - 06/10/09 01:59 AM

Quote:

You could put a 70-71 trunk lid on the car or cut out the underside bracing for the brackets

I believe that the 70-71 lid is different IIRC. I don`t think they have the ridge in the center.
© 2024 Moparts Forums