Moparts

Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filter?? *DELETED*

Posted By: ResQ911

Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filter?? *DELETED* - 06/21/08 03:36 AM

Post deleted by ResQ911
Posted By: JohnRR

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filter?? - 06/21/08 03:39 AM

ford motorsport has an air cleaner that uses the same filter as the 68-69 unsilenced
Posted By: 6T6Cuda

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filte - 06/21/08 01:12 PM

I am interested in this as well...

MP does make a 14" top piece but it is chrome and had the big mopar M in it - not the ribs...

I have the same probelem with my '67 cuda I ended up going with a chrome drop lid and said I will deal with it "later"...

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filte - 06/21/08 03:12 PM

linky

Attached picture 4502448-fordaircleaner.jpg

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filte - 06/21/08 03:43 PM

Quote:

linky

Thanks JohnRR - now we will have to fight with the Ford guys to get it...

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filte - 06/21/08 08:05 PM

a ford friend has one i keep forgeting to BORROW every time i go to his house
Posted By: 471Magnum

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filte - 06/22/08 08:00 PM

There is a problem with using the FMS base in conjunction with a (Mopar) stock top. The choke horn comes very close to the lid and it's really restrictive. Due to the contour of the lid, you end up with about a 3/4" clearance from lid to base at the narrowest point.

If you run a carb without a choke horn, you'd probably be okay, but the 3/4" clearance is still pretty tight.
Posted By: GoodysGotaCuda

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filte - 06/22/08 08:11 PM

Quote:

There is a The problem with using the FMS base in conjunction with a stock top. The choke horn comes very close to the lid and it's really restrictive. Due to the contour of the lid, you end up with about a 3/4" clearance from lid to base at the narrowest point.

If you run a carb without a choke horn, you'd probably be okay, but the 3/4" clearance is still pretty tight.

i noticed a change in power when i went from my MP with a dropbase, to my factory style 'snorkel' air cleaner with more area around the carb.

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filte - 06/23/08 12:50 PM

Quote:

There is a problem with using the FMS base in conjunction with a (Mopar) stock top. The choke horn comes very close to the lid and it's really restrictive. Due to the contour of the lid, you end up with about a 3/4" clearance from lid to base at the narrowest point.

since i never picked up the one my friend has to look i never got the chance to check that , thanks . K+N does have taller air filter elements , but that might defeat the purpose of the drop base ?

i'll stop recommending that one .

Re: Does Anyone Know Of A 13" Drop Base For Air Filte - 06/29/08 01:18 PM

So you won it I see....

Let us know how it fits with the choke horn...

It got a little too expensive for a FORD part for me at the end...

RAR II
© 2024 Moparts Forums