Moparts

Need Help With 1995 Chrysler Concorde

Posted By: Texas383

Need Help With 1995 Chrysler Concorde - 06/04/09 07:22 PM

OK... I FINALLY got the valve body out and TRS(neutral safety switch) installed and valve body back in trans in my daughter's '95 Chrysler Concorde. NOW... the gear shift seems "locked" in low. It will not budge. It feels like when its locked with car in park with key off.

Without valve body in the shifter moves easily. The shifter on valve body moves freely when out of trans.

Anyone know what is going on? Why won't the shifter move from gear to gear?

I've already posted on DodgeIntrepid.net but no one seems to know what would cause this problem. Hoping someone here would know.
Posted By: Nukechargerboy

Re: Need Help With 1995 Chrysler Concorde - 06/04/09 07:49 PM

Sounds dumb, try stepping on the brake...
Posted By: LABBINSKI

Re: Need Help With 1995 Chrysler Concorde - 06/05/09 12:03 AM

When you istalled the valve body was the shift linkage in the same position in the valve body as was the shifter if the valve moved forward it is possible the valve body did not engage in the same gear or misaligned perhaps just a sugestion I have had it happen Brian

Re: Need Help With 1995 Chrysler Concorde - 06/05/09 12:55 PM

Nothing moved... all rods, linkage etc is just like it was. I tried stepping on brake... stepped hard even. I can't figure out why it's doing that. On the valve body there is an electic soloenoid... what does it do?
Posted By: Blown71X

Re: Need Help With 1995 Chrysler Concorde - 06/05/09 04:53 PM

Most likely the park pawl did not go back in correctly (it is easy to do)..Pull the VB back out and make sure you have the pawl locked under the tab on the VB. You will see the tab on the bottom of the pawl that locks under the tab on the VB it HAS to be that way and straight so it lines up correctly.

There is nothing electrical that will block manual lever operation INSIDE the trans.

Rick
Posted By: 383man

Re: Need Help With 1995 Chrysler Concorde - 06/05/09 11:03 PM

Quote:

Most likely the park pawl did not go back in correctly (it is easy to do)..Pull the VB back out and make sure you have the pawl locked under the tab on the VB. You will see the tab on the bottom of the pawl that locks under the tab on the VB it HAS to be that way and straight so it lines up correctly.

There is nothing electrical that will block manual lever operation INSIDE the trans.

Rick

That is dead on right. I always make sure it will shift the gears before I put the pan back on. Ron

Re: Need Help With 1995 Chrysler Concorde - 06/06/09 02:35 PM

I knew better than to put pan on and oil in trans before trying to see if it shifted. I will make double sure everything is aligned properly.
© 2024 Moparts Forums