Moparts

First fire on Magnum...duh!!

Posted By: Wedgeman

First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/02/09 10:50 PM

'94 5.9l Magnum in my 67 Barracuda

Ok...this afternoon was the first turn of the engine, I was not too wooried as I kept the starting system from the 67, so the engine turns on key

Next I wanted to see if there was saprks to the plugs...but no sparks while cranking....that is my problem for start....and no current to the coil

FRom the PCM, I installed the auto shut down relay and pump realy, supplied the PCM with 12v feed....I did not hold the starter relay from the '94, and the Park/neutral switch is not connected to the trans, I kept the 67 904 switch to go with the car wiring...

Can anyone give me several ideas to where I missed ?

Thanks
Daniel

Re: First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/02/09 11:53 PM

Does the PCM has to be grounded ?
Posted By: Andrewh

Re: First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/03/09 05:40 AM

I can't say for sure for the 94, but there must have been a dozen grounds for the 2000.
One on each head, seemed like front and back, one in the back of the block, and a couple of others I don't remember. So my guess is yes.

Re: First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/04/09 01:50 AM

One more thing, after the ignition is on, the ASD realy turns off after 2-3 seconds, is this normal?

What can cause ?
Posted By: 440Bel2

Re: First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/04/09 02:21 AM

I believe this motor needs a crank sensor signal if you're using a '94 pcm and other parts. I know that on the Rams, the ASD will come on for a couple seconds at key on power, but will not turn back on without a crank signal.

Re: First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/04/09 03:43 AM

Ok...good info there,
I do have the crank sensor connected

Dan

Re: First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/04/09 10:21 PM

Any other ideas ?
Posted By: mike s

Re: First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/04/09 10:56 PM

Are you using the 94 Sbec II ECU or something else?

Re: First fire on Magnum...duh!! - 06/05/09 04:01 AM

I'm using the stock '94 PCM

DAn
© 2024 Moparts Forums