Moparts

EGR tube

Posted By: Jeepmon

EGR tube - 05/29/09 04:27 PM

Hi all.. I have another project to start soon and I will need to make/modify the EGR tube.. This is a custom application where a stock tube will not work and I will need an custom tube that will be flexible and still hold up to high temp exhaust gases.

I'm also concerned with how to put the proper fittings on the end of the tubing.. Thanks in advance...
Posted By: flatlinedude

Re: EGR tube - 05/29/09 09:04 PM

Steel braided fuel line is flexible and holds up to some pretty hi temps.
Posted By: flatlinedude

Re: EGR tube - 05/29/09 09:05 PM

On second thought, just ditch the EGR.
Posted By: Wedgeman

Re: EGR tube - 05/29/09 09:09 PM

What happens if he does ?
Posted By: stumpy

Re: EGR tube - 05/29/09 10:47 PM

What are we working on?
Posted By: CHRONiklyDEMONic

Re: EGR tube - 05/29/09 11:27 PM

Quote:

The engine may run a very small amount more lean. It's common practice to remove egr's on many a hopped up vehicles, not so much for a performance gain, but to clean up the engine bay, and have one less problematic device.

Re: EGR tube - 05/30/09 01:32 AM

Quote:

I know what you're talking about, but have never seen it in any stores.. Any idea where to buy it and then where do you put on the specific fittings on the end?

Re: EGR tube - 05/30/09 01:33 AM

Quote:

What are we working on?

Its a turbo car.. mums the word

Re: EGR tube - 05/30/09 01:35 AM

Quote:

Quote:

The engine may run a very small amount more lean. It's common practice to remove egr's on many a hopped up vehicles, not so much for a performance gain, but to clean up the engine bay, and have one less problematic device.

I'm not too concerned about the loss or gain in performance, however it does have to be able to pass those every 2 year smog checks..
Posted By: CHRONiklyDEMONic

Re: EGR tube - 06/02/09 10:56 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I know what you're talking about, but have never seen it in any stores.. Any idea where to buy it

www.summitracing.com

Quote:

and then where do you put on the specific fittings on the end?

Anywhere the fabricator/installer wants to put them I suppose. I doubt you'll find anything like this that is an "out of the box bolt on"... but is anything ever, really?

© 2024 Moparts Forums