Moparts

TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons?

Posted By: wkroncke17

TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/19/08 06:02 PM

Been doing some research,Id like to know what anyone knows about either brad of exhaust - TTI,or Pypes-available from Jegs.
Pypes - has X-pipe,409-stainless mufflers
16-gauge, mandrel-bent, 409-stainless steel pipe
Includes stainless hangers and plated hardware
Slip-fit- $376.00
TTI x-pipe system has aluminized mufflers,and 16 gauge aluminized tubing-$616.00.
Is the Pypes set from Jegs tha much cheaper quality?
Is the TTI stuff that much better qualty?
Posted By: 71TA

Re: TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/19/08 07:16 PM

the TTI's are nice and fit well and in my case were the only decent fitting headers that work with the BB Edelbrock heads. BUT they are now RUSTY, especially down near the collector. The X pipe and exahust pipes are very acceptable and fit very OK.

If I had it to do over again I'd go ALL stainless headers to tailpipes! I know it'd be expensive but cheaper than the hassle of pulling the headers every couple years to get blasted and coated again.

Re: TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/20/08 02:53 AM

Does anyone make stainless headers?

Re: TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/21/08 01:24 AM

Quote:

Does anyone make stainless headers?

Any other input on this?
Posted By: 71TA

Re: TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/21/08 01:51 AM

Yep. Few people. Think that XV makes me.
Posted By: Ronnman

Re: TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/21/08 02:41 AM

But the one made by XV is not for use if you still have the torsion bar suspension.
Ron
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/21/08 03:28 AM

i went with the pypes kit on my 69 charger, fit ok, had to get extension pieces for the local shop. the worst thing about it was all the joints, i went with band claps, and there are 12 of the , way to many for $11 each. that brought the total to over 500 and i had to install it myself. it is a pretty nice kit for technically being universal, but if i had to do it over i would have the local shop do a 3 inch custom on it. by the way summit has it for 335 plus 14 handling. no offense but just my opinion
Posted By: mickm

Re: TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/21/08 07:08 AM

tti 2" headers and 3" h-pipe all the way to the tailpipe, except the tips, which came from accurate exhaust. love the ttis. so far...
Posted By: meepmeep70

Re: TTI/Pypes exhaust systems - pros/cons? - 06/21/08 08:21 AM

i went with DOUG'S cermic coated headers,they fit perfectly and look like new still,i haven't done the exhaust yet but i 'am ordering it through summit but using dyna flow mufflers,someone else hear put the summit exhaust on and said the fit was great . good luck
© 2024 Moparts Forums