Moparts

Garage Hoist

Posted By: Stew4706

Garage Hoist - 06/19/08 05:51 PM

Hey Guys, I am looking at getting a hoist for my garage and I have looked at Rotary, Bend Pak, Backyard Buddy and a dozen more. Do you have any suggestions on brand and 2 post Vs 4 post??

Thanks!!
Posted By: dusturbd340W5

Re: Garage Hoist - 06/19/08 06:26 PM

well a 2 post is better if you plan on doing much front end work or differential work a drive on 4 post is much easyier you just drive on we have both here at work all ours are Roatry and a brand called Forawrd.If you get a 2 post I would recommened a clear floor asametrical.
Posted By: Cuda_Mike

Re: Garage Hoist - 06/19/08 06:37 PM

My Bend-Pac extra wide asymmetrical raises about 5 inches higher than the others when I bought it, about 11 years ago...
Posted By: Ledman_70

Re: Garage Hoist - 06/19/08 07:02 PM

Go to www.garagejournal.com and look thru the forums. There was a discussion a few months ago about lifts. There's a LOT of stuff on that website.
Posted By: DonnieLawson

Re: Garage Hoist - 06/19/08 11:58 PM

I got the Bend Pak from ASEdeals.com , the 4 post 9000 lb extra large one , Its very well built and no problems with it and Ive had it about 2 years . I store my Cuda on it with another car under it , I also got a bridge jack which is killer when working on suspension parts , etc .
The only time I wish I had a 2 post lift is when I get ready to put the engine , tranny and K member in together from underneath
If you need storage space to double stack the cars , I think you would like the 4 post better
I have 12' ceilings and that works good , 14' would be better
© 2024 Moparts Forums