Moparts

Help please..70 Dart trunk emblem

Posted By: Keith C

Help please..70 Dart trunk emblem - 06/18/08 06:46 PM

I have posted this on a couple A body sites and cant seem to get any answers. I am trying to find out how a 70 Dart trunk emblem is mounted. i am referring to the emblem that says Dodge in cursive writing that is one the passenger side of the trunk. Are there 4 holes drilled in the trunk for all 4 studs are there only two holes drilled and the other 2 are cut off? Also if all 4 do go in are do only 2 if them get nuts? Thanks for any help its greatly appreciated
Posted By: Neil

Re: Help please..70 Dart trunk emblem - 06/18/08 07:02 PM

I have the original emblem off mine and the trunklid is at the body shop. I can check it out the next time I go there to work on it.

I think the hood and trunk emblems look the same, but have a different stud count and the studs are in different places as well. Pretty sure the trunk has two and the hood has four off the top of my head.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Help please..70 Dart trunk emblem - 06/18/08 07:55 PM

Looked at mine, The trunk only has 2 posts with nuts. No more on it at all. The front has 3 across the bottom and 1 at the top of the D with nuts on all of them. They look the same but the studs are in different spots.
Posted By: Keith C

Re: Help please..70 Dart trunk emblem - 06/18/08 08:09 PM

Thanks Neil and WickedDart!!! I can rest my worried thoughts now
© 2024 Moparts Forums